Are you a dynamic individual who has a keen eye for detail, loves working as part of a team and being organised ? Are you looking for the opportunity to work with digital leaders on exciting projects that will make a difference to how services are delivered for patient, families and staff? Perhaps you're looking to take the first step into Digital Transformation?
The Digital Services team is looking for a dynamic and organised person to join our team as a Digital Transformation Support Officer so, if this describes you, we would love to hear from you!
This is a fixed term post, which could provide an ideal secondment opportunity. If you are applying for a secondment, please note this in your application and please speak to your line manager before applying.
Employment in this post requires a Standard Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, which the Trust will cover the cost of. Applicants who subscribe to the DBS update service are able to present a valid DBS certificate instead of requiring a new check.Main duties of the job
We are looking for a dynamic and very organised individual with a keen interest in the role of digital technology in improving the experience and outcomes for patients / people who use services and staff. As Digital Transformation Business Support Officer, you will have:
Experience of providing high-quality administrative support to either a project or an operational service team.
Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
An interest (and even better - experience!) in quality or service improvement.
Strong IT skills with the capacity to learn how to use new systems if required.About us
At Dorset HealthCare we're on a mission to empower people to make the most of their lives through our outstanding, joined-up healthcare services. We're a dynamic, forward-looking Trust, running 12 community hospitals, specialist inpatient facilities and a wide range of integrated community and mental health services for a population of almost 800,000 people.
We do things differently here - it's one of the reasons the CQC rated us 'outstanding' in 2019. It's also why 95% of patients across our services say they have a good or very good experience of our services and 89% of staff feel they can really make a difference. Whether you're looking to work with us in one of our bustling market towns, vibrant urban locations, thriving seaside spots, or among the rolling hills of Dorset, there are lots of ways you can make a difference in our communities.
Our 7,000-strong workforce is at the heart of what we do and our success is a testament to our brilliant people. We're all about building a workplace for the future, we believe in equal opportunities and we celebrate diversity. We're an inclusive workplace, where everyone is welcome, everyone can be authentic, and we are all encouraged to be the best version of ourselves.
Working with us you'll be part of a strong team, challenge yourself, build a career, and teach us what we don't know. And you'll be working towards our vision to be better every day through excellence, compassion and expertise in all we do.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For the main duties and responsibilities for this role please read the attached job description and person specification. When completing your application please ensure your supporting statement reflects the criteria set out in these documents by showing how your experience and skills apply to this post.
As part of our vision to have a skilled, diverse and caring workforce, Dorset HealthCare is working in partnership with The Princes Trust to support people getting into work, as part of this partnership, we are offering an employability service to support individuals between 16-30 years old with application writing, interview skills and other employment support. If you would like or know of anyone who would value this support please do contact email@example.comPerson SpecificationKnowledge, Skills and TrainingEssential
- Qualified to a degree level OR Equivalent work experience in secretarial, administration, project or change management, healthcare leadership, or research discipline.
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
- Good knowledge of IM& T/Digital Health Services and processes that support clinical service delivery.
- Excellent problem resolution and fault investigation skills.
- Experience of dealing with confidential information and adhering to national regulations including the Data Protection Act.
Job Specific ExperienceEssential
- Training in related areas to support professional and personal skill development, for example Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), PRINCE2 Foundations, Agile, or similar project, change, benefits, or service improvement methodology.
- Significant experience of working in an administrative role within a complex organisational context (including diary management, communication and liaison with a wide range of staff, both internally and externally)
- Currently operating in a similar role within a complex health and/or care organisation.
- Experienced in researching, assessing and prioritising stakeholder requirements and presenting findings in a way that is tailored towards specific audience groups
- Experience of supporting the development of business cases, including strategic arguments, options appraisal benefits and disbenefits identification and risk and issue identification
- Experience of facilitating and servicing of meetings at Executive/ Board level, including agenda setting, notes taking and action tracking
Finance & ResourcesEssential
- Experience within a project/programme management and/or Digital Services environment
Digital Mindset & Information TechnologyEssential
- Good understanding and experience of NHS purchasing processes and procedures relating to consumables, stock and equipment
Personal Qualities & AttributesEssential
- Highly skilled at using digital systems to support operational office, organisational and corporate functions (such as face to face and online meetings, document development, revision and management, spreadsheets and presentations).
- Experience of organising online meetings, sourcing feedback through surveys and sharing updates through digital newsletters
- High degree of skill in all aspects of communication and negotiation with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Evidence of the ability to think laterally whilst being forward thinking and progressive in the concepts, ideas and implementation of changes in practice.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills. The ability to extract key facts and figures from large volumes of data.
- Excellent time management, planning and organisational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to identify and proactively resolve problems.
- Ability to prioritise, organise workload and deal successfully with competing priorities.
- Good grasp of current healthcare issues, including the national information agenda.
- Subject to the provisions of the Equality Act 2010, able to travel using own vehicle on Trust business.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Demonstrable skills in written and spoken English, adequate to enable the post holder to carry out the role effectively
Dorset HealthCare University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.