Alcohol Nurse - Gastroenterology Conquest Hospital Based- Cross site Band 6- 37.5 hours per week 8am-4 pm - 5 Days per week Salary: �35,392 - �42,618 pa, pr Fixed Term Contracts up to 2 years
An exciting opportunity has arisen to develop a motivated, enthusiastic and dynamic alcohol care team across East Sussex Healthcare Trust. This is a new initiative, initially on a 2 year fixed term contract as the service develops. The service will be across the two main hospital sites, to support patients with alcohol misuse, working closely with the gastroenterology team. The service will develop, under the guidance of a specialist nurse (Band 7) and alcohol nurse (Band 6), to improve the care and management in alcohol withdrawal, with a focus on avoiding unnecessary hospital admission
You will be involved in offering a new ESHT service as an Alcohol Nurse, providing care and treatment for patients with alcohol misuse issues. Under the supervision of an Alcohol Specialist Nurse, you will be responsible for assessment, implementation and evaluation of patient care for those who present with alcohol misuse and alcohol related injuries. You will offer advice to Trust staff on the care and management of acute alcohol withdrawal, deliver training to staff on the management of alcohol dependency and addiction and will be responsible for holding a caseload of individual patients who are not engaging in the community but continue to come to hospital and patients who are pre or post detoxMain duties of the job
The successful applicant will be expected to function effectively under pressure without compromising basic standards of care and professionalism. In return we will offer you excellent managerial support and commitment to your personal professional development.
You will need to have substantial and relevant post registration experience previous relevant experience in an Acute setting. Experience of working with Gastroenterology patients in an inpatient setting. Mentorship Module - or recognised Teaching/Assessing qualification
In return we will offer you excellent managerial support and commitment to your personal professional development. We expect all our staff to share the values that are important to the trust - being excellent, kind, responsible and respectful - and behave in a way that reflects these.
You must be flexible to meet the needs of the alcohol liaison team and demonstrate knowledge and passion in working in this specialtyAbout usWe are proud to provide 'Outstanding' care and be a great place to work
We provide safe, compassionate and high quality care to half a million people living or visiting East Sussex. We are one of the largest organisations in East Sussex, the only integrated provider of acute and community care in Sussex. Our extensive services are provided by 7000 + members of staff working from acute hospitals in Hastings and Eastbourne, three community hospitals in Bexhill, Rye and Uckfield, over 100 community sites and in people's own homes.
In 2020 the Care Quality Commission rated us as 'Good' overall, and 'Outstanding' for being caring and effective. The Conquest Hospital and our Community Services are rated 'Outstanding'. Eastbourne DGH rated 'Good'.
In 2020, the Trust launched its ambitious 'Building for our Future' programme. This once in a lifetime programme aims to repair, redevelop and expand our hospitals, transforming the environment in which we provide care for generations to come.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the job description attached.
If you have any questions about this position please do not hesitate to contact us.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered General Nurse - Part 1 with active NMC Registration
- Mentorship Module - or recognised Teaching/Assessing qualification
- Educated to degree level or equivalent level of knowledge and experience.
- Post registration qualification or evidence of equivalent specialist training in field of practice
- Willingness to undertake external related courses that may require travel.
- Substantial and relevant post registration experience
- Previous relevant experience in an Acute setting.
- Experience of working with Gastroenterology patients in an inpatient setting
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
- Demonstrate enhanced clinical skills within relevant speciality
- Experience of supervising staff
- Counselling skills and course
- Data collection and presentation skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Excellent communication skills - ability to communicate sensitive and complex issues effectively.
- Excellent documentation skills
- Analytical and Assessment Skills. Ability to assess and interpret complex clinical conditions, and plan, action and evaluate programme of care
- Ability to organise and prioritise own workload and manage a clinical case load
- Venepuncture and cannulation
- Relevant and recent knowledge of current clinical and professional issues within own speciality
- Ability to lead on Audit and Research.
- Ability to demonstrate commitment to raising standards of care
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise workload for the nurse led service
- Good knowledge of commonly used medications in speciality
East Sussex Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
St Leonards on Sea
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.