Are you an experienced and enthusiastic Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist with significant knowledge and skills in critical care rehabilitation and looking for a new challenge in a leadership position?
Are you passionate about research, and could you be an ambassador for the Critical Care Therapists within and beyond University Hospitals Bristol and Weston (UHBW)?
We are currently seeking applications for a Band 8B Occupational Therapy or Physiotherapy Consultant Therapist in Critical Care.Main duties of the job
The main aspects of the role are to:
- To identify research opportunities and lead the therapy involvement in research trials within critical care. To promote and embed research in the Adult Therapy Services structure, providing opportunities for staff to develop research skills
- To lead on clinical education, competencies and guideline development to ensure an evidence based, comprehensive, integrated and efficient service is provided to critical care patients. To lead on the development of skills and knowledge across the team.
- To provide highly specialist assessments, treatments and management plans for patients in critical care, including after their critical care hospital stay and in the critical care follow-up clinic.
The post will cover the 3 UHBW critical care units across Bristol and Weston-Super-Mare and as such you will be required to be able to travel and work across sites. The primary base will be at the Bristol Royal Infirmary.
For further details please see the job description and personal specifications.
For all enquiries, please contact:
Rob Martyn-Jones, Therapy Lead for the Division of Surgery
0117 3422201 (BRI), 01934 647102 (Weston)About us
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW) is one of the largest acute Trusts in the country, bringing together a combined workforce of over 13,000 staff and over 100 different clinical services across 10 different sites, serving a core population of more than 500,000 people across South West England. UHBW has been rated by the CQC as 'Good' overall and our staff are proud to deliver excellent care to the people of Bristol, Weston and beyond. As a forward-thinking multi-award winning Trust and a digital exemplar committed to improving patient care, our world-leading research and innovations are having a positive local and global impact. Our hospitals are spread across Bristol and Weston, join us and you can enjoy the very best of both worlds city living within a stone's throw of the countryside or beside the seaside, both with easy access to all that the South West has to offer. UHBW is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. As an equal opportunities employer actively working towards a diverse workforce we aim to recruit and retain a workforce which represents the rich diversity of the local population at all levels and are committed to designing our services around the needs of individual patients and those around them. Anonymous information will be used from your application in order to ensure we're meeting our pledge.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For a more detailed job description, main responsibilities, and Person Specification, please refer to the job description document attached to this vacancy.Person SpecificationQualifications and TrainingEssential
Desirable Knowledge and experienceEssential
- Degree in Occupational Therapy or Physiotherapy
- Post registration MSc qualification in either a clinical or research topic
- HCPC registration
- Critical Care and Rehabilitation post graduate training
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- Experience as a Principal Investigator for research projects
- Experience of successfully submitting research grants applications
- Experience of leading on the write up of research projects, submitting to national or international journals and successful publishing of research
- Significant clinical experience at a specialist level in Critical Care
- Up-to-date evidence base used to ensure the delivery of best practice and innovative therapy provision throughout the critical care pathway
- Experience of leading teams - day to day management including management of issues such as absence or performance management
- A varied clinical experience across specialties at both junior and senior grades
- Experience of recruiting, interviewing & appointing staff
- Experience in the induction, monitoring & supervision of staff
- Experience as a Fieldwork Educator - Supervision of students on placement
- Experience in using audit as part of service development
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Highly skilled in the assessment, treatment and management of complex critical care patients
- Highly skilled with advanced respiratory assessment and treatment (Physio) or
- Highly skilled with advance cognitive assessment and treatment (OT)
- Demonstrates understanding of complex relationship between physical, cognitive, psychological and social dimensions of illness
- Able to prioritise workload for a defined clinical area
- Able to demonstrate effective team-working skills
- Able to demonstrate clinical & professional leadership skills e.g. development & implementation of practice standards
- Able to identify own strengths & weaknesses in clinical practice standards
- Able to communicate effectively with a wide range of people
- IM& T - competent to use electronic systems including producing reports
- Able to recognise & adapt own supervisory style
- Able to demonstrate that they have the skills to supervise others
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW)Address
Bristol Royal Infirmary
Upper Maudlin Street, Bristol
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.