Please see attached job description for more information about this role and working at Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust.Main duties of the job
We are offering an exciting opportunity for a midwife to join our infant feeding team. The post will be a part-time cross-site position.If you have a passion for infant feeding and want to be part of the Infant feeding team across the Royal Free London Trust then please apply.You will support service users with infant feeding, maintain up to date knowledge and support with completing audits. You will also support with BFI accreditation preparation. About us
The Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust is one of the UK's biggest and most innovative trusts. Across three main hospitals, our dedicated army of staff care for over 1.6million patients, treat more than 200,000 in A& E, deliver over 8,000 babies and carry out more than 17million tests.
Our size, scale and influence offer you unrivalled career opportunities and a forward-thinking approach to working that works around your lifestyle. From flexible hours and generous benefits, to next level training, we make it easier to take your career to the top
For more information please follow linkhttps://www.royalfreelondonjobs.co.uk/Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached job description for more information about this role and working at Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- NMC Part 10 register or equivalent
- Experience (placement or post grad) within both the wards and delivery suite areas
- Evidence of professional updating
- Academic and/or professional/vocational training and development
- Experience of all aspects of midwifery
- Previous experience working as a midwife/Band 5 grade nurse. Working in an environment where 'normality in midwifery' is the main focus (MLC) unit. Previous experience working in a community setting.
- Ability to evaluate midwifery care.
- Ability to relate NMC Midwives Rules, Code of Practice, The Scope of Professional Practice, Standards for the Administration of Medicines
- Able to use appropriate language according to circumstances
- Legible, literate, grammatically accurate
- Able to work well within a team.
- Ability to use own initiative
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to manage junior staff
- Have knowledge of the Public Health Agenda
- Ability to educate parents and students
- Ability to undertake all midwifery duties within the relevant clinical area.
- IT literate
- knowledge of Clinical Governance
Skills & AptitudesEssential
- Knowledge of the BFI standards and Infant feeding national recommendations/drivers
- Polite, reliable, honest, punctual, approachable, dependable, non-judgemental
- Ability to adapt to new working practices
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to deal calmly and courteously with difficult people
- Adaptable and flexible approach to working within the Unit.
- Flexible working hours
- Full commitment to the job
- Able to meet the practical requirements of the post. i.e. cross site shift patterns
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Demonstrable ability to meet the Trust Values
Royal Free London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Free hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.