An exciting opportunity has arisen at University Hospitals of Leicester Children's Hospital for a Children's Specialist Endocrine Nurse.
You will form part of a dynamic multi disciplinary team, who are driven to provide excellent levels of service for our endocrine patients and their families.
You need to be a registered first level children's nurse with current NMC registration and relevant further education, training and experience in Endocrinology.9
The Children's Hospital Reconfiguration Project is part of the �450 million investment received by Leicester Hospitals that has already relocated the Paediatric East Midlands Congenital Heart Centre and ECMO service from Glenfield Hospital to the Leicester Royal Infirmary (LRI) site. We ae now entering the second phase which is to create a new age-appropriate and purpose built environment bringing together all paediatric services in a standalone and fully integrated Children's Hospital at the LRI to serve the population of Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland and the East Midlands network. There has never been a better time to join our team and be part of defining our children's services now and for the future!Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing clinical expertise to our patients and their families. You will display excellent organisational and communication skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with other professionals within the service.About us
We are one of the biggest and busiest NHS trusts in the country, incorporating the General, Glenfield and Royal Infirmary hospitals. We have our very own Children's Hospital and run one of the country's leading heart centres.
Our team is made up of more than 17,000 staff providing a range of services primarily for the one million residents of Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
We work with partners at the University of Leicester and De Montfort University providing world-class teaching to nurture and develop the next generation of doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals, many of whom go on to spend their working lives with us.
Our purpose is to provide 'Caring at its best' and our staff have helped us create a set of values that embody who we are and what we're here to do. They are:
- We focus on what matters most
- We treat others how we would like to be treated
- We are passionate and creative in our work
- We do what we say we are going to do
- We are one team and we are best when we work together
Our patients are at the heart of all we do and we believe that 'Caring at its best' is not just about the treatments and services we provide, but about giving our patients the best possible experience.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Provide support, care and education to our patients and their families with endocrine conditions.
- Provide testing for diagnostic and monitoring purposes.
- Provide support to those with new diagnoses and those managing long-term conditions.
- Provide education, at a level accessible to the patient and their family.
- Participate in Multi -Disciplinary Team Clinics
- Assess Children, plan and implement their care and maintain accurate records.
- Participate and assist the MDT in clinical audits
This will be an exciting role with development opportunities as your skills and knowledge progress. Working Pattern:
37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday 9:00 - 17:00Person Specificationcommunication & Relationship skillsEssential
Training & QualificationsEssential
- Good Communication skills
- experience of working within MDT
- Specialist knowledge and experience within the area of speciality
- 1st Level RCN Nurse
- Evidence of post-registration Education development
- Previous specialist Nurse Experience/Role
- Educated to degree level in a healthcare setting
Analytical & Judgement skillsEssential
- Evidence of autonomous practice
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
- Relevant clinical experience at band 5 or above
Planning & Organisational skillsEssential
- Evidence of change management
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oAbility to prioitse and organise own working day
University Hospitals of Leicester NHS TrustAddress
Leicester Royal Infirmary
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.