Are you an enthusiastic and experienced Dietitian looking for a new role that will challenge and develop you? Do you want to lead the embedding of nutrition into the Virtual Wards across Swansea Bay UHB.
Swansea Bay University Health Board is continuing with the redesign of their community services as part of the patient step up/step down pathways to maximise safe and effective patient care in their own homes. This acts to reduce avoidable hospital admissions and facilitate early patient discharge through the introduction of Cluster Virtual Wards. Swansea Bay University Health Board have established 8 cluster based virtual wards with multi-professional input from Consultants, GPs, nurses, therapies and a wealth of other health and social care staff.
The post holder will be responsible for developing and establishing the Nutrition and Dietetic Service to the 8 Virtual Wards across SBUHB, being the first Dietetic post for the Virtual Wards. The role of the Dietitian will be to provide expert advice to members of the Virtual Wards on the identification and management of nutritional risk, frailty and chronic conditions management. The post holder will lead on the nutritional care provision and developing of multidisciplinary guidelines and protocols. The role will support the training and development of other members of the Virtual Ward to identify and manage nutritional concerns whilst using a consultation model for team members.Main duties of the job
The post holder will support the nutritional care of virtual ward patients through efficient leadership, training & co-ordination of the MDT and effective communication with patients, carers and colleagues across Primary Care, Community Services, Secondary Care and wider agencies.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate, through experience, their ability to lead/establish a service, support teams managing complex care interventions through targeted assessment and treatment plans, as well as having excellent training skills and be able to act as an expert for consultation for other team members.
The post holder will be able to drive change in a fast-paced environment, providing timely solutions through engagement with relevant community partners to ensure patient treatment is optimised and harm minimised. We are looking for applications from self-motivated, focussed clinicians who are effective communicators with a passion to provide innovative, evidenced based patient care and leadership.
The successful candidate will join a well-established virtual ward team and will have the opportunity to shape, develop and expand clinical pathways and models of care to directly benefit the patient population.
For further information about SBUHB Virtual Wards please visit our recruitment webpage https://sbuhb.nhs.wales/working-for-us/jobs/virtual-wards/About us
We believe staff are our best asset and wewant you to be happy and confident about starting your career here in Swansea Bay University Health Board.
As one of the biggest healthcare groups in the UK we can offer a wealth of professional training and development opportunities in an innovative, forward-thinking organisation.
You might be a nurse ordoctor, maybe you specialise in a health science/therapy or can offer skills in one of our support services - wehave a job for you.
There are also apprenticeships, work placementsand volunteering roles available.
We are an inclusive employer and welcome applications from everyone whatever their sex religion or belief race age sexual orientation gender identity or, whether they are pregnant or have recently been on maternity leave, married or are in a civil partnership or, whether they are disabled.
Our values - Caring For Each Other, Working Together and Always Improving, show thatour commitment to equality is at the heart of everything we do.
If you want excellent career and training opportunities while living on the doorstep of some of Europe's most spectacular scenery,with all the benefits of a thriving and cosmopolitan city - look no further.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply.
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- B.Sc Nutrition and Dietetics or equivalent
- HCPC Registered
- Post registration training e.g. in relevant area.
- Student Clinical Educators Course
- Recognised management/ leadership qualification.
- Evidence of a wide variety of clinical knowledge
- MSc or its equivalent level of knowledge +advanced post graduate training/experience in relevant areas.
- Experience of working as a Specialist Dietitian in Nutrition and Dietetics within specialist area.
- Experience of a high level specialist knowledge of service delivery in a variety of different settings.
- Experience of supervising/mentoring staff.
- Experience of Audit and Quality Improvement Methodology.
- Experience of specialist knowledge of frailty, nutritional support and chronic condition management
Aptitude and AbilitiesEssential
- Experience of strategic planning process
- Experience of policy/service development
- Highly developed interpersonal skills including developed oral and written communication skills with people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
- Have highly developed organisational skills to be able to set priorities and meet daily deadlines
- Able to work on own initiative in a professional manner under pressure as well as having effective teamwork skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to reflect and critically appraise own performance
Swansea Bay University Health BoardAddress
To be confirmed
Swansea / Neath Port Talbot
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.