We are recruiting for a Cardiac Specialist Nurse who shares our vision to be trusted to provide consistently outstanding care and exemplary service to our patients.
The post holder will have experience in cardiology to ensure patient-centred clinical care. This will encompass the skills of assessment, examination, diagnosis and treatment within an agreed scope of practice within Cardiology, focussing mainly on the assessment and treatment of patients presenting with chest pain, arrhythmia, TLOC in the same day emergency care and clinics to ensure optimisation of medication and arrange appropriate cardiology tests and follow up.
The post holder will support a new way of working that emphasises a more efficient and patient focused service, and will ensure the safe referral and discharge of patients.
There will be a requirement to provide cross cover within the specialist nursing team and provide a seven day a week service.
The role will require working at different sites across East & North Herts NHS Trust. The cardiology department compromises of 2 Catheter Labs and radial lounge.
We do a variety of procedures such as coronary angiography, PCIs providing 24/7 PPCI cover, pacemakers, cardioversions, stress echocardiograms, trans-oesophageal echo's and complex imaging. There is a 22 bedded acute cardiac unit.
Our Values are I
espect and I
mprove. It is important that you understand and refer to our values during your recruitment process and beyond!Main duties of the job
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a team of dynamic cardiac specialist nurses.
The post holder is a recognised expert in the specialty, responsible for assessing, developing and implementing specialist nursing care programmes and undertaking specialist nursing procedures.
Responsible for providing specialist advice and support to, and liaising with, other staff. This includes the provision of specialist education and training for other staff and students responsible for implementing a clearly defined integrated approach to patient care encompassing new treatments and evidence based care. Required to undertake research and lead clinical audits in own specialist area. About us
At East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust, we are proud of the range of general & specialist services we provide & our 6,000 or so dedicated staff ensure our patients get the best care. Our ability to be flexible & innovative in the way in which we work and deliver our services to our catchment has never been more important than it is now.
We run the following hospitals:
- The Lister Hospital, Stevenage
- New Queen Elizabeth II (New QEII), Welwyn Garden City
- Hertford County, Hertford
- Mount Vernon Cancer Centre (MVCC), Northwood
We have ambitious plans to become an outstanding, patient-led Trust where dedicated staff provide high-quality, compassionate care to our patients. We continue to undergo significant transformation our staff & patients are at the heart of delivering this ambitious agenda.
We understand that finding and starting a new job is an important life decision. If you need reasonable adjustments for a disability, or a life event, such as menopause - so that we can consider your application fairly & to get the best out of you during the selection process, please let us know.
We are committed to a positive work life balance for our employees. Employees are entitled to seek to work flexible working patterns & we are committed to listen and consider all requests. Such requests, of course, have to be made & considered formally, & will need to be balanced against service needs, but our starting point will always be to find ways to support making them happen.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification applicant pack for further detailed information regarding this role.Person SpecificationQualifications/TrainingEssential
- Registered Nurse educated to Degree level or willingness to undertake
- Post registration qualification in speciality
- Evidence of continuous professional development.
- Teaching qualification.
- Advanced communication skills/counselling qualification or willingness to undertake
- Advanced clinical assessment
- Research Module Master's Degree
- Significant relevant experience in the Specialty and ability to demonstrate expert nursing skills
- Accept personal accountability for own practice
- Experience of formal/informal teaching.
- Experience of initiating change
- Understanding of evidence-based practice.
- Understanding of Clinical Governance.
- Understand of patient pathways its complexities and how to support the patient through this
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable of working as an integral member of a small team.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing situations due workload and colleagues' needs.
- Ability to undertake teaching of staff and patients
- Leadership Skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised and manage own workload effective time-management.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead developments in practice.
- Commitment to multidisciplinary working.
- Demonstrate analytical and judgmental skills.
- Ability to quickly appraise situation and act accordingly
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Advanced Communication skills
East and North Herts NHS TrustAddress
East & North Herts NHS Trust
Corey's Mill Lane
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.