An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic individual to join our small, friendly team as a Health & Safety Trainer.
The Health & Safety training team deliver high quality, effective multidisciplinary training programs. This includes mandatory and statutory training within the Health Board meeting individual training needs and helping to facilitate staffs' personal development.
The post holder will contribute to the development of training events and programs
This is a permanent, part-time post working 3 days a week.Main duties of the job
- Delivering patient and non-patient manual handling training.
- Demonstrating and undertaking all patient and inanimate load handling techniques included in the course content
- Support staff with manual handling issues/assessments
- Provide advice on manual handling equipment to ensure staff are able to undertake their roles safely.
- Delivering violence & aggression training demonstrating and undertaking all break away, escorting and safe holding techniques included in the course content.
- Demonstrate an understanding across a range of Health and Safety legislative standards and national guidance relevant to the area of training.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply.About usCardiff and Vale University Health Board
is one of the largest Integrated Health Boards in the UK, employing over 15,000 staff, providing over 100 specialist services. Working across 6 hospital sites, we have a diverse range of career opportunities to offer. Serving around 500,000 people living in Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan, we are focused on the health and care needs of our local population whilst working with our partners to develop regional services.
Our mission isCaring for People, Keeping People Well,
and our vision is that every person's chance of leading a healthy life should be equal. As an organisation we are unashamedly ambitious for our population's health, rising to the challenges of today and tomorrow through our 10-year strategy, Shaping our Future Wellbeing. We are contributing to a healthier Wales with great emphasis placed on innovation and improvement, learning from around the world and leading the way in clinical research. Partnership working is strong at Cardiff and Vale, and we work closely with our staff and our community.
Cardiff, the thriving Welsh capital, is a fantastic city to live and work in with an abundance of sports, arts and cultural attractions. Situated to the west of Cardiff, the Vale of Glamorgan offers a combination of beautiful Welsh countryside and a dramatic natural coastline. Whether city life or rural living, Cardiff and the Vale offers the best of both worlds.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Professional Healthcare Qualification
- A recognised teaching qualification
- A recognised manual handling and Violence & Aggression training qualification.
- Clinical experience which includes patient moving and handling
- Experience of delivering training to groups with multiple professions and grades
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience in health & social care setting
Cardiff and Vale University Health BoardAddress
Denbigh House, University Hospital of Wales
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.