We have an exciting opportunity to join our award nominated integrated respiratory team on a part-time contract (3 days a week) as part of a job share.
The Integrated Cardio-Respiratory Services is a combined service working across hospital and community pathways, providing community services in clinic and home-based settings. The service is a consultant led multidisciplinary team providing a range of service including diagnostic clinics, COPD and asthma disease optimisation, exacerbation management, hospital discharge, home oxygen, pulmonary rehabilitation, dyspnoea management and primary care education and support.
The aim is to provide a more accessible, efficient, cost-effective service integrating respiratory services across secondary and primary care, to enable continuity of care and give respiratory patients the opportunities to have access to care closer to their homes and end of life care in their homes. The physiotherapist will have the opportunity to rotate through different specialisms and settings within the community and acute respiratory team. Main duties of the job
- To facilitate and manage the provision of high quality physiotherapy care to all adult respiratory patients alongside the consultants and nurses in respiratory medicine in a variety of settings to promote respiratory health within ICHNT and the surrounding community.
- The physiotherapist will provide support and advice to doctors, nursing staff, allied health care specialists, patients and their families/carers, known to the community service, and ensure smooth transitions of care into and within the community setting.
- The physiotherapist will have the opportunity to rotate through different specialisms and settings within the Integrated respiratory service.
At Imperial College Healthcare you can achieve extraordinary things with extraordinary people, working with leading clinicians pushing boundaries in patient care. Become part of a vibrant team living our values - expert, kind, collaborative and aspirational. You'll get an experience like no other and will fast forward your career.
Benefits include career development, flexible working and wellbeing, staff recognition scheme. Make use of optional benefits including Cycle to work, car lease schemes, season ticket loan or membership options for onsite leisure facilities.
We are committed to equal opportunities and improving the working lives of our staff and will consider applications to work flexibly, part-time or job share.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The full job description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience and knowledge required. For both overviews please view the Job Description attachment with the job advert.Person SpecificationEducation/ QualificationsEssential
- Degree (or equivalent) in Physiotherapy.
- State registration with the Health & Care Professions Council
- Evidence of CPD through maintenance of a portfolio.
- Post graduate study in Respiratory Physiotherapy
- Significant post registration experience in specialty area and experience in either junior specialty role or team leader management role
- Experience with managing patient relevant to specialist area
- Experience in integrated respiratory care
- Experience in oxygen services and acute management of the unwell respiratory patient in the community setting.
- Able to demonstrate highly developed specialist knowledge of own patient group
- Knowledge of research and audit including implementation of findings and review of outcomes
- Good IT skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Advanced IT skills use or Excel
- Presentation skills
Imperial College Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
St Mary's Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.