An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Band 6 Dietitian with an interest in oncology at University Hospitals Dorset NHS Foundation Trust. We are looking to recruit a motivated, enthusiastic and forward thinking Dietitian to join our friendly team.
The role is to provide specialist dietetic support to oncology patients throughout their diagnosis, treatment and recovery, including, but not limited to, patients with Head and Neck cancer. This will involve working with patients requiring radical and palliative treatment (chemo/radiotherapy/surgery) and also providing advice and support for patients requiring enteral feeding. This will include close working with the wider multi-disciplinary team looking after this group of patients, attending a variety of clinics including consultant led clinics, radiotherapy clinics and Back to Eating clinic. The role also includes the management of home enterally fed patients in liaison with the community Home Enteral Feeding service and dietitians at other local hospitals.
Applications will be considered from candidates with related experience wishing to specialise and develop within their first band 6 role, and from candidates with associated specialist skills.Main duties of the job
The successful applicant will receive support and opportunities to develop their clinical expertise and knowledge regarding all aspects of the nutrition service settings through formal and informal training.
This role is autonomous and a genuine interest in oncology and a commitment to providing high standards of care for patients is essential as well as excellent communication skills with the ability to work to a high standard both independently and as part of a team. Additional contact information
Lucy Woodrow -Oncology Lead Dietitian
firstname.lastname@example.org Base Location: Poole Hospital Interview Date: TBCAbout us
Our values define who we are as #TeamUHD. They underpin everything we do now and in the future. They define how we treat our patients, visitors, and each other, our valued team mates and colleagues.
UHD are investing in services across the Trust, with many being transformed and developed following merger and the New Hospital Programme.
In some cases this means that a services may move site this year or next, either temporarily or long term. Recruiting Managers interviewing for this role will be happy to answer any specific questions that you have at interviewJob descriptionJob responsibilities
To understand the role in more detail please read the full job description and person specification documents which are attached to this advertPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- BSc in Nutrition and Dietetics or Post-Graduate Diploma in Dietetics.
- HCPC Registration in Dietetics
- Clinical supervisory skills training
- Advanced Diploma in Dietetics
- Member of BDA specialist group
- Behavioral change skills training
- Experience of working in a range of different specialist clinical areas, including oncology and nutritional support.
- Experience of supporting and assessing student dietitians
- Experience in conducting clinical audit and how this can impact a service
- Experience of managing enteral & parenteral nutrition.
- Experience of working as part of an MDT
- Experience in delivering clinical education to staff, students or assistants and giving constructive feedback
- Experience of advanced communication skills including negotiation, advocacy, counselling, motivational interviewing and encouraging behavioural change
- Involvement in research
- Involvement in quality improvement projects.
- Experience of managing parenteral nutrition.
- Up- to-date with evidence based professional practice and research
- Ability in data collation and analysis skills
- Able to present information, written and verbal, in a clear & logical manner
- Ability to organise, prioritise & delegate
- Able to cope in a stressful environment and with emotional or aggressive patients & carers
- Comprehensive knowledge of issues related to wide range of clinical and dietetic practice areas (including but not limited to H& N, oncology, and nutrition support)
- Knowledge of the dietetic and medical management of patients
- Evidence of CPD maintained in a portfolio, including attendance at post-graduate courses.
- Understanding of clinical governance and its implications for services
Employer detailsEmployer name
- To be able to maintain positive working relationships within a team
- To be self motivated, flexible and reliable
- To be empathetic and have the ability to have sensitive conversations.
- Ability to take direction from team members and form positive relationships
- Ability to establish rapport and motivate people to encourage participation in treatment.
- Ability to be flexible and to respond positively to change
University Hospitals Dorset NHS Foundation TrustAddress
University Hospitals Dorset - All Sites
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.