An exciting opportunity has been made for a motivated qualified Advanced Nurse Practitioner, wanting to make a difference to ladies affected by suspected or known gynaecological cancers.
The fulltime post (WTE 1.0) is initially a fixed 18 month contract, which has been funded for the purpose of improving faster Diagnosis, particularly within the area of post-menopausal bleeding. Knowledge and previous experience within gynaecology or cancer care is advantageous, but not necessary in order to apply for this post.
The Advanced Nurse Practitioner (ANP) in Gynae-oncology surgical care will provide a five day service (which may include weekends in the future, but the present service is Monday - Friday) working alongside the Gynae Oncology Consultant nurse, Clinical Nurse Specialists, Macmillan Navigator and Surgical Consultants, leading a multidisciplinary and interagency approach in the management of the Gynae-oncology patients at University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust.
The ANP will facilitate fast access, high quality acute medical care through advanced patient assessment, service co-ordination, research, care redesign and training. This post holder will manage directly and organise the clinical team in the management of patients presenting with Gynae-oncology problems in outpatients, the wards to ensure seamless and high-quality care.Main duties of the job
The post holder will undertake two week wait clinics under supervision and will have an in-depth focus on the post-menopausal faster diagnosis pathway
The post holder will engage directly with clinical medical and nursing teams in the management of Gynae-oncology patients, providing specialist advice, skills, leadership, collaboration and consultancy ensuring that patients gain appropriate and timely care. This will involve advanced physical assessment, initiation of investigations, interpretation of their results and optimising patient's condition in discussion with the multidisciplinary team. The post holder will also direct the specialist nursing teams in coordinating the patients journey providing optimum care from point of diagnosis to discharge. In addition, they will develop consistent approaches to the strategic management of the patient group, through training and education, policy and guidelines development, audit and research and implementation of evidence-based care.
If you would like more information, an informal look around the department or to meet the team, please contact Vikki Jones (Consultant Nurse Gynae oncology) to make an appointment via:
Secretary: Lorraine Greer 024 7696 7400About us
University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust, rated as good by the Care Quality Commission, is one of the largest teaching Trusts in the UK.
We are extremely proud of our employees across our hospital sites, with high quality patient care at the heart of everything we do.
Boasting some of the most modern facilities in Western Europe, the Trust is renowned for being at the forefront of research and innovation as part of its blossoming reputation as a worldwide leader in healthcare.
We are proud to be recognised as a Pathway to Excellence designated organisation - please click the link for further details about this prestigious award. Pathway To Excellence - University Hospitals Coventry & Warwickshire (uhcw.nhs.uk)
By joining our exciting journey, you will form part of a passionate, talented team and will be able to access a wide range of learning and development opportunities. There has never been a better time to join our team.
The Trust is committed to building an organisation that makes full use of the talents, skills, experience, and different perspectives available in our diverse society. We want everyone to feel they are respected, valued, can achieve their potential and receive the most appropriate and relevant care. We will create an environment where the equality and human rights principles of fairness, respect, equality, dignity and autonomy are promoted and are part of the organisation's core values.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesClinical
- Co-ordinate Gynae-oncology patients throughout the first contact period liaising with the multidisciplinary team and clinical services to ensure the effective management of this group of patients.
- Assist the medical teams, at all levels in the assessment and prioritisation of patients.
- Conduct advanced physical assessment and clinical examination of patients requiring medical care to ensure that optimum physical and psychological care needs are met. Gynaecological examinations
- Take histories and examinations in the outpatient settings (under the supervision and name of the surgical consultants or consultant nurse).
- Virtual clinics
- Be active in improving the faster diagnosis target
- Triage referrals
- Where appropriate, initiate investigations on patients to improve access to treatment and report their findings to the appropriate clinician.
- In partnership with the multidisciplinary team makes clinical decisions, which are ethically based, in management and treatment of emergency surgical patients.
- Co-ordinate with Outpatient staff and ward managers to ensure appropriate use of time and resources within the Trusts provision for emergency care.
- If qualified prescribe medications in line with Trust policy for non-medical prescribers, clinical guidelines and evidenced based care.
Attend the Advanced Nurse practitioner forum, contribute to the group and disseminate information from the group. For further details of the role please see the attached job description. Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential Desirable ExperienceEssential Desirable KnowledgeEssential SkillsEssential Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS TrustAddress
Clifford Bridge Rd
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.