The post holder works as a member of the 0-19 Community Public Health Team, being responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of a comprehensive service which meets the needs of the 5-19 population. The post holder will participate in delivering Public Health intervention and support to the local school population.
The postholder will either be a Public Health Practitioner or a Public Health Nurse, dependent on registration and experience. Please see both job descriptions attached.Main duties of the job
The post holder will deliver key areas of the service specification, national Healthy Child Programme and public health outcomes framework. They will refer to specialist service in accordance with clinical pathways and support children and families to seek support where required.
The post holder will work alongside other professionals in the School Nursing pillars delivering key health promotion messages to support the health and wellbeing of children ensuring every contact counts through the promotion of good health and the prevention of ill health in the community. They will assist in the development of Health Promotion Group programmes and work integrated with partners.
The postholder will either be a Public Health Practitioner or a Public Health Nurse, dependent on registration and experience. Please see both job descriptions attached.About us
At Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust we provide outstanding care to both our patients and our staff. We support staff through benefits, health and wellbeing initiatives and opportunities for personal and professional development.
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- An inclusive and supportive culture our Trust encourages staff to bring their whole selves to work and active Staff Networks identify areas for improvement.
- Staff Recognition - as well as regular appraisals, we recognise staff with our Making a Difference, Team of the Month Awards & Colleague Recognition Awards
- Employee Support and wellbeing - we have a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme, counselling service and fast track physiotherapy service for employees.
- Staff Benefits - We have a range of staff benefits and schemes to support staff health, engagement, wellbeing and inclusion.
Please see attached job description and person specification for full details. For further information please contact Nosheen Kauser email@example.com
The postholder will either be a Public Health Practitioner or a Public Health Nurse, dependent on registration and experience. Please see both job descriptions attached.Person SpecificationEssential and desirableEssential
- RN (Child, RGN, RSCN learning disabilities)
- Post-registration experience
- Ability to deliver education sessions to groups and individuals
- Experience of working with and supporting children, young people and their families.
- Experience of partnership working
- Ability to develop and lead junior staff
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to organise own work and to work independently
- Administrative and basic IT skills including word processing.
- Acknowledge and deliver the HDFT values and behaviours.
- Knowledge of child/adolescent development. Knowledge of issues that is current and relevant to young people.
- The post holder must be able to make own travel arrangements for business usage
- Satisfactory occupational health clearance Satisfactory Enhanced DBS clearance
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Mentorship/ teaching qualification
- Experience of working in community setting
- Leadership experience, initiative and drive
- Experience of working within a safeguarding arena up to the level of child in need.
- Experience of managing own caseload
- Understanding of UPP multi-agency meetings i.e. Early help, Child in our care, Child in need.
- Relevant training to support role i.e., signs of safety, ERIC, sleep Scotland, decider skills.
- Experience of using SystmOne.
- Ability to develop packages of care.
- Knowledge of the Solihull Approach Model.
- Knowledge of safeguarding protocols
Harrogate and District NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Stockton 0-19 Service
Thornaby Family Hub, Tedder Avenue
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.