The post holder will work alongside their team, and with the support of the deputy operations manager, to deliver a patient focussed booking service. The Booking Team lie at the heart of the treatment pathway arranging new, in treatment and long term follow up appointments. This fast-paced patient focussed role is delivered primarily through telephone contact, and is key to ensuring patients receive time sensitive treatment on time.
The Weston Park Cancer Centre is the leading Cancer Centre in the Northeast of England, with its clinicians' providing a non-surgical oncology service to the populations of Barnsley, Chesterfield, Doncaster, Rotherham and Sheffield. As well as patients from further afield.
The admin and clerical service within Weston Park is currently undergoing a cycle of improvement meaning you can also contribute to innovations underway and bring your ideas to the creative improvement space.Main duties of the job
- To co-ordinate administrative services in support of clinical service teams
- Assist the clinical service teams in the delivery of performance metrics
- To support the continual improvement of hospital services to ensure the best possible care for the patients we provide services to
- Ensure a brilliant place to work for our team members
- Ensure access plans are well managed
- Ensure clinic utilisation is optimised
You will be working for an organisation which values and respects all of its staff and the community it serves. The Trust is a leader in the NHS and research sectors and provides excellent benefits for its staff. This includes commitments to professional development but also many policies to support employees in balancing their personal and professional lives.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease view the attached Job Description and Person Specification documents for full details regarding this post. When completing your application please ensure that you clearly demonstrate how you meet the role criteria.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Knowledge of the full range of administrative policies and procedures, acquired through training and relevant experience to degree level or equivalent
- OCRIII word processing or equivalent
- Relevant vocational management and leadership qualifications or training courses demonstrating a proven track of record of commitment to learning and development.
- Relevant experience working within health services in either a secretarial or clerical capacity
- Experience of working with clinical teams
- Knowledge and understanding of clerical and secretarial procedures used within the NHS
- Experience of staff management
- Experience of chairing team meetings
- Experience of using Trust information systems
- Experience of managing a waitlist
- Ability to lead a team and provide/monitor ongoing workload
- Ability to provide guidance and support in a line management capacity
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Excellent organisational skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills including the ability to present information in a clear manner.
- Ability to prioritise effectively, including when working to tight deadlines
- Ability to deal effectively with conflict and to minimise its escalation
- Ability to solve problems
- Competent to interpret basic numerical information
- Ability to keep accurate and appropriate staff records
- Ability to use Microsoft Office packages, including Word & Excel
- Ability to produce brief reports including numerical information
Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- Commitment to patient-centred services
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.