We are recruiting fora Consultant Old Age Psychiatrist
who wishes to join #TeamIOWNHS. You should share our passion and drive to ensure that our patients receive quality and compassionate care and work with us to ensure the Trust continues its journey towards great people, great place.
The Older People's Mental Health Service has an exciting opportunity to appoint a dynamic and enthusiastic consultant psychiatrist to pursue the transformation agenda and participate in the coming together of the wider community and mental health and learning disabilities services across Hampshire and the Isle of Wight as part of Project Fusion.
This post will provide a comprehensive community psychiatric assessment and management support to our service users as well as support to the multidisciplinary team.
Pending Royal College JD Approval
AAC Panel will be conducted on the 21 November 2023 Main duties of the job
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated Consultant Old Age Psychiatrist to work within the multidisciplinary teams within the OPMH service.
You will provide clinical leadership to our highly motivated multidisciplinary teams that provide high quality care to our island population aged 65 and over. This will involve, but is not limited to, undertaking psychiatric clinics to offer evidence based diagnostic formulations and management plans, supporting MDT meetings, and undertaking interagency liaison particularly where a referral to an appropriate hospital setting is deemed necessary.
For an overview of the main duties of the role please see the 'Job Description and Main Responsibilities' section below. To understand the day-to-day responsibilities in more detail please read the full job description document attached.
We are passionate about providing excellent CARE, which is why our values areC
veryone counts. Our mission is to make sure that our community is at the heart of everything we do and that we hold our values across all our services.
We are committed to endorsing inclusion, diversity and multiculturalism throughout out services and as such, our procedures and policies ensure that applicants are always treated fairly throughout the recruitment process.
Why not come and see for yourself the CARE we give to our patients and staff. Apply to be part of our team today.About us
The Isle of Wight NHS Trust is the only integrated acute, community, mental health and ambulance health care provider in England. We serve a population of approximately 150,000 residents, making the services we offer variable and personalised with a flexible approach to our service users.
Working for our Trust brings a variety of benefits, including an onsite day nursery, cycle-to-work scheme, discounts at local businesses and gyms, and the opportunity to hire Trust's beach hut in Ryde. We offer many flexible working opportunities, speak to us about how we might be able to accommodate a flexible working arrangement for you and if it works for the service, we will do our best to make it work for you.
The Isle of Wight is a unique and stunning gem located off the South Coast of England, a short ferry journey from Portsmouth and Southampton, with journey times taking from as little as 10 minutes. London can be reached in 90 minutes by rail from Southampton or Portsmouth. The island offers an amazing coastline with beautiful countryside, year-round events, festivals and award-winning attractions.
Our 2020-2025 strategy sets out to ensure that we continue to be a provider of excellent and compassionate care. As part of this strategy, we are proactively taking steps to ensure that we recruit and retain the highest quality of talent to provide CARE and we would welcome applications from under-represented groups to ensure our Trust is an inclusive and diverse employer.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will need to demonstrate excellent time management and organisational skills given the highly unpredictable nature of the patient group.
You will have exceptional diagnostic, management, and risk assessment skills to support the care of the patients aged 65 and over who are referred to our service. You will be supported to contribute to quality improvement activities within the prisons, together with having opportunities to support research and to the development and training of medical students, junior doctors and other health professionals.
- To promote multi-disciplinary and multi-agency working for the Functional illness pathway for older adults and in the Memory Service. Offer consultation and support for Dementia Outreach Team and Home Treatment Service as needed.
- To support and help develop the integrated care pathways for older adults with mental health difficulties.
- To provide statutory clinical reports as requested.
- To apply an evidence-based approach to clinical practice.
- To work with the lead consultant psychiatrist for OPMH in providing clinical leadership to the multidisciplinary team, in co-operation with the Service Manager.
- To work with other clinical staff in achieving high standards of risk assessment and general psychiatric assessments for all patients presenting to the service.
- To support the development of a seamless service and continuity of care which is patient centred and respect social inclusion and cultural diversity.
- To provide clinical support and supervision to multidisciplinary teams, including complex risk assessments.
- To undertake Section 12 and Approved Clinician duties related to the Mental Health Act (1983), with reference to the current Code of Conduct of Practice.
- Full GMC Registration with license to practice
- Section 12 Approval
- Approved Clinician status
- Eligibility for inclusion on the Specialist Register via CCT in Old Age Psychiatry (or within 6 months at time of interview) or equivalent
- Relevant Higher Degree e.g. MD, PHD, MSc or other additional clinical qualifications
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Demonstrate a high level of clinical experience and competence in Old Age Psychiatry
- Knowledge of UK Hospital Systems (or equivalent)
- Ability to take full and independent responsibility for clinical care of patients
Isle of Wight NHS TrustAddress
St Mary's Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.