We are excited to announce that our Paediatric Emergency Department at Epsom Hospital is looking for a Registered Children's Nurse to join our friendly, supportive and motivated team as a Band 5 nurse.
There may be a requirement to work across site on occasion.
Our team provide 24 hour paediatric emergency care in our recently renovated and dedicated Paediatric Emergency Department. The Department provide cares for children with acute and urgent physical and mental health needs, as well as complex and long term conditions.
The team have a dedicated paediatric advanced care practitioner, and are supported by the Trust Paediatric Nursing and Medical Teams, and Practice Educator. There are opportunities for professional development which includes access to our Trust wide paediatric simulation courses.
Alongside our Paediatric Emergency Department, Paediatric services at Epsom Hospital include our acute paediatric ward which includes POSCU, a day unit and children's outpatients. We also have over 20 paediatric specialist nurses/community children's nurses, as well as our dedicated children's safeguarding teams. There are opportunities to develop your knowledge and skills in a range of areas, to complement your emergency nursing skills.
For further information contact Senior Sister, Laura Donnelly, Paediatric ED, X 6585 or email firstname.lastname@example.orgMain duties of the job
The post holder
- Is professionally accountable for their standard of professional practice and standard of care.
- will provide high quality nursing care within their defined area
- will maintain best practice to all patients and visitors whilst following hospital and department policies
Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust provides a range of medical services to approximately 490,000 people living across southwest London and northeast Surrey. In addition, we provide more specialist services, in particular renal and neonatal intensive care, to a wider area, covering parts of Sussex and Hampshire.
We serve an area that is rich in diversity, with a mix of urban and rural areas, and differing levels of quality of life. We cover some of the most prosperous postcodes in the country, as well as some poorer areas. Together with our colleagues at NHS Surrey and NHS Sutton and Merton, we work to make sure that we deliver the best possible care to the communities we serve.
The Trust employs approximately 5,000 staff across its hospitals and is supported by over 500 volunteers.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached supporting document which contains more information about the Staff Nurse rolePerson SpecificationEssentialEssential
- Registered Nurse - Child (RSCN/RNC) with current NMC registration
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of acute, chronic and emergency paediatric care
- Completed Practice Assessor and Supervisor course
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of Safeguarding children and Young People within the Emergency Department
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Previous experience in Paediatric ED
Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.