We have an exciting opportunity for a General Adult consultant psychiatrist to join our West Sussex Care Delivery Service at Langley Green Hospital. The role is based in Amber Ward PICU which cares for adults requiring psychiatric intensive care treatment.
This job attracts aRecruitment and Retention payment of �25,000,
in addition to(up to) �8000 relocation allowance.
The RRP payment is paid in the following instalments:
- �5000 payment paid on appointment
- �5000 retention payment paid at 12 month anniversary of employment
- �6500 retention payment paid at 30 month anniversary of employment
- �8500 retention payment paid at 48 month anniversary of employment
The Recruitment and Retention payment is pro rata for part time employees. If you would like further information, or to know the full terms of the Recruitment and Retention Payment and/or the Relocation Allowance, then please do not hesitate to contact our Medical Staffing Team - email@example.com
To find out more about what we offer please take a look at our careers portal:https://careers.sussexpartnership.nhs.uk/Main duties of the job
You will work with the MDT on the ward to provide excellent care to patients admitted to the ward. You will work with the acute in-patient services in Langley Green and across the Trust and with community teams and the other PICU within the Trust, based in Millview Hospital.
This role can also support research, development, medical education or special interests. We strongly believe in creating roles that provide a service but also give you the opportunity to develop your own areas of special interest.
On appointment you will have the opportunity to join the Trust wide consultant network as well as having access to peer support from colleagues here in West Sussex.About us
At Sussex Partnership we are committed to providing opportunities forflexible working
. If you would like to work differently or different hours to as advertised, please get in touch to discuss this in more detail.
If you haven't thought about living inWest Sussex
before then you should consider the following:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Journey from the coast to the countryside in minutes
- Enjoy a lifestyle where there are renowned cycle routes and picturesque walks, including the famous South Downs Way in the South Downs National Park!
- Embrace taking time to discover all the miles of scenic coastline, including West Wittering beach and Selsey.
- Easy access to airports - Gatwick and Heathrow are both within 90 minutes of the county, providing links to Europe and beyond
- Brighton and Hove or London are within easy reach via local and national bus routes and national mainline stations
You will be part of a friendly and supportive multidisciplinary team that consists of Nurses, Psychologist, Occupational Therapists and more.
Please review the Job Description and Person Specification for full details of the role.
We would love to hear from you if you want to find out more about this exciting opportunity. Please see our contact details below.Person SpecificationEssential and desirableEssential
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months.
- Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
- Excellent knowledge in specialty
- Able to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management.
- In good standing with GMC with respect to warning and conditions on practice
- Wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within NHS or comparable service
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.