An exciting training opportunity has arisen for a Nurse who wants to develop their skills in the field of Sexual Health to work towards and become a Nurse Specialist in Sexual Health (Band 6).
Our successful candidate will have a keen interest in the area of Sexual Health and enthusiasm to learn.
This is usually a two-year training programme, however, a Nurse with previous Sexual Health and/or Contraception and/or HIV experience may not require the full two years.
The role is for up to full time hours of 37.5 per week, with a minimum of 30 hours. Our successful candidate will work cross site, between York and Selby with a travel base to be determined at interview. Please indicate which travel base you would prefer of York or Selby, within your application form.
You will also be expectedto travel to and work in our services in Harrogate, Northallerton and Scarborough.Therefore, the ability to transport yourself across the locality during the normal working day is a requirement of this role.
The service provides clinics 6 days a week in services across York and North Yorkshire. The department supports a consultant led and nurse delivered approach to the delivery of services and care.Main duties of the job
The post holder, once trained, will be responsible for:
- Autonomous management of total episodes of care for patients including patient assessment
- Independent examination
- STI screening
- Supply of STI treatments
- Contraception-including LARC
- Undertaking their non-medical prescribing qualification
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity to train as a Sexual Health Nurse Specialist and would like to join our friendly team of practitioners at YorSexual Health, then apply now!About us
We offer a range of benefits to support our staff including:
- Access to the NHS Pension Scheme, providing generous benefits upon retirement, as well as a lump sum and pension for dependants
- 27 days holiday rising to 33 days (depending on NHS Trust service)
- A variety of different types of paid and unpaid leave covering emergency and planned leave
- Confidential advice and support on personal, work, family and relationship issues, 24/7, from our Employee Assistance Programme
- NHS Car Lease scheme and Cycle to Work scheme
- An extensive range of learning and development opportunities
- Discounts on restaurants, getaways, shopping, motoring, cinema and finance from a range of providers
For further information on the fantastic range of benefits we offer please visit the Trust's dedicated Staff Benefits pages.Job descriptionJob responsibilities A full description of the role is available in the attachment: job description. Working for the Trust
Across our organisation, people are guided by values that were co-developed with staff: we are kind we are open and we pursue excellence.
Our values play into our ambition to develop a more diverse workforce, truly representative of our communities. We welcome applications from everyone, while working with our Staff Networks - including our Race Equality, LGBTQ+, Disability and Carers Networks - to increase the number of applications we receive from different backgrounds. If there is anything we can do to make our application process more accessible to you, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of seeking to become more inclusive, we will consider requests for flexible working from the start of your employment. It may not be suitable for every role, but we will try and be supportive where we can. We would encourage you to speak to the recruiting manager named within this advert to discuss any requirements you may have. Armed Forces Friendly Employer
We are holders of the Gold Award from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme, which is helping actively promote SaBRE - Supporting Britains Reservists and Employers. This means that we have made a statement of intent to support all Defence personnel, including with applications for employment. COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
Our Trust continues to strongly encourage our staff to be vaccinated against COVID19, this remains our best defence to protect our patients, ourselves and everyone else.Person SpecificationSpecial KnowledgeEssential
- Standards of Professional Practice
- Awareness of the Speciality
- Knowledge and understanding of the role
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Demonstrate a commitment to self-development
- Committed to working with people
- Registered Nurse (Level 1 or 2)
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Capable of lateral thinking
York and Scarborough Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.