We are recruiting for a Senior Business Intelligence Developer who shares our vision to be trusted to provide consistently outstanding care and exemplary service to our patients.
The Business Intelligence and Development team is responsible for the provision of business intelligence systems to provide information and to support the-decision making requirements of the Trust. As part of a small team this post plays a pivotal role in ensuring that the Trust has access to the required information to support the business needs. The Senior Business Intelligence Developer is the lead specialist for this area of work within the department and will provide expert advice and guidance on database design and development.
Our Values are I
espect, and I
mprove. It is important that you understand and refer to our values during your recruitment process and beyond!Main duties of the job
The Senior Business Intelligence Developer, reporting to the Deputy Head of Business Intelligence and Development, is responsible for the development and design of critical, complex business intelligence information systems to support the business requirements of the Trust.
The post is also responsible for the maintenance and enhancement of business intelligence systems developed by the department.About us
At East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust, we are proud of the range of general & specialist services we provide & our 6,000 or so dedicated staff ensure our patients get the best care. Our ability to be flexible & innovative in the way in which we work and deliver our services to our catchment has never been more important than it is now.
We run the following hospitals:
- The Lister Hospital, Stevenage
- New Queen Elizabeth II (New QEII), Welwyn Garden City
- Hertford County, Hertford
- Mount Vernon Cancer Centre (MVCC), Northwood
We have ambitious plans to become an outstanding, patient-led Trust where dedicated staff provide high-quality, compassionate care to our patients. We continue to undergo significant transformation our staff & patients are at the heart of delivering this ambitious agenda.
We understand that finding and starting a new job is an important life decision. If you need reasonable adjustments for a disability, or a life event, such as menopause - so that we can consider your application fairly & to get the best out of you during the selection process, please let us know.
We are committed to a positive work life balance for our employees. Employees are entitled to seek to work flexible working patterns & we are committed to listen and consider all requests. Such requests, of course, have to be made & considered formally, & will need to be balanced against service needs, but our starting point will always be to find ways to support making them happen.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification applicant pack for further detailed information regarding this role.Person SpecificationQualifications/TrainingEssential
- Education to degree level or equivalent relevant NHS experience
- Evidence of ongoing personal and professional development
- Master's degree in mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computing or other primary science subject, or specific Information-related experience
- Track-record of advanced IT skills ? .SQL server 2014 ? Visual Studio ? SSIS / SSAS ? QlikView / Power BI ? MS Office applications
- Proven record of working within as a Senior Analyst in an NHS Information Department including ? Data Retrieval, analysis, and presentation
- Management Experience: ? Team Leadership credentials ? Leading a project ? Chair Meetings ? Deputise senior managers
- Experience of the acute sector in the NHS
- Python / R - Knowledge of Machine Learning
- Previous Department Management experience
- Effective at working within and management of a team
- Strong 'customer service' orientation and ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with different levels of staff groups
- Able to question and challenge existing practices and working methods in order to create innovative workable solutions and to work under pressure paying attention to detai
- IT technical knowledge of SQL Server
- 2016 including T-SQL, SSRS
- Visual Studio 2010 and highly developed knowledge in Microsoft Office skills and MS operating systems
- NHS Data Dictionary
- High level knowledge of Performance Returns, definitions, guidance, and management in the Acute NHS
- Business Intelligence tools and techniques for presentation of data as information
- NHS reporting regime with respect to published strategy, policy, performance, and service frameworks
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to promote and implement equal opportunities in employment and service delivery
- Able to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Able to plan/complete implementations and contribute to culture change
- Able to manage time and priorities appropriately
- Willing to travel to meetings as required
East and North Herts NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.