Building Services Apprentice (Mechanical) 37.5 Hours Per Week - Fixed Term contract for 4 years Closing Date: 22nd Sept 2023
This post has been approved by the Trust as a Traineeship and as such this will involve the successful candidate undertaking a mandatory qualification relevant to their role whilst also learning on the job.
The qualification and associated training will usually last 48 months, as this is delivered as a part of an Apprenticeship the candidate will also be expected to hold GCSE's grade A-C or equivalent in Maths and English, or be willing to achieve Functional Skills qualifications in Literacy and Numeracy as part of the Apprenticeship.
Salary will start at 60% of Band 5 - �17,044.20 per annum pro rata rising 5% per successful year of training completed to a maximum of 75% of Band 5 - �21,305.25 (salary paid in line with Annex 21) (subject to change dependent upon banding and length of course) Year 1 - �17,044.20 Per Annum (60% of Band 5 Salary) Year 2 - �18,464.55 Per Annum (65% of Band 5 Salary ) Year 3 - �19,884.9 Per Annum (70% of Band 5 Salary) Year 4 - �21,305.25 Per Annum (75% of Band 5 Salary) This post may close early due to high numbers of applicationsso you are advised to apply promptly. *A great and friendly place to work, so bring your passion, commitment and expertiseand enjoy the opportunities to make a difference every day. *#JoinTeamEliot Main duties of the job
Applications are invited from enthusiastic, energetic and highly motivated individuals who are passionate about providing a customer focused and efficient service
You will be trained to carry out maintenance on mechanical and electrical equipment within the Trust and its external premises. Maintain and repair mechanical and electrical equipment, to assist with installing mechanical and electrical systems and the inspection and testing of engineering installations.
The college based training will primarily be online based with GLP Training with two days a quarter on their site in Worcestershire.About us
Here at George Eliot our vision to 'excel at patient care'
takes centre stage. An ever evolving clinically-led acute service provider we are on a journey to continually provide high quality, safe and responsive services delivered by inspiring, friendly and compassionate staff who share our corporate values which underpin everything we do. Our values are not just words on a piece of paper, they bond us together, reflect our ambition and shape who we are: E
ffective Open Communication
cellence and safety in everything we do C
hallenge but support E
xpect respect and dignity L
ocal health that inspires confidence Benefits:
On-site nursery, 27 days minimum annual leave plus bank holidays, cycle to work scheme, flexible working, on-site discounted gym, extensive in-house course learning directory, buying and selling of annual leave, subsidised restaurant, tranquillity garden and generous subsidised on-site parking.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Use all relevant tools and equipment as necessary
Person SpecificationExperience and KnowledgeEssential
- Diagnose and repair faults on plant, equipment and services
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance to statutory requirements
- Carry out statutory inspections and testing of plant, equipment and services to ensure their safe operation and meet current standards
- Assist in the planning and ordering of materials for the necessary job requisitions
- Participate in systems of work and complete all necessary paperwork to Statutory and Trust requirements
- To understand the inter relationship between the various maintenance crafts e.g. plumbers and fitters
- Follow instruction from supervisor
- Previous work experience paid or voluntary
- Have an understanding of the role of a mechanical fitter
- Understanding of the Data Protection Act and Confidentiality
- Experience of being part of a team
- Basic skills in the use of IT equipment and software
Qualifications and Professional TrainingEssential
- Use of basic hand tools
- Have an awareness of mechanical and engineering equipment and tools
- Level 1 qualifications in Maths and English
- GCSE Grade A-D or 4-9 in Maths, English & Science
- Meets requirements for apprenticeship
- Additional recognised multi-skilled training course or HNC/HND combining
Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- CP Training Qualifications
- Basic Computer qualification
- Able to demonstrate good written communication skills
- Able to manage own time effectively
- Able to demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail
- Looks for opportunities to improve skills and knowledge
- Willing to undertake any duties allocated.
- Smart appearance
- Physically fit.
- Good communication skills - able to communicate with ward & department staff and visitors.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality when working in and around members of the public
- Calm approach to problem solving
- Ability to working in difficult conditions such as confined spaces or plant rooms
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Physically fit.
- Holds full current driving license
- Not upset by distressing situations
- Willingness to work outside of normal hours if required for the needs of the business
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Effective Open Communication
- Excellence and Safety in all That We do
- Challenge but Support
- Expect Respect and Dignity
- Local Healthcare that Inspires Confidence
George Eliot Hospital NHS TrustAddress
George Eliot Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.