A unique opportunity has arisen to undertake a 2 year fixed term position / secondment as a Safer Staffing Educator in the Clinical Workforce Team .
The post holder will work as part of the Corporate Clinical Workforce team supporting the delivery of the Trust's strategic objectives which relate to workforce governance and assurance.
The role will work Monday -- Friday as a either a 4 day or 5 day shift pattern and will undertake and deliver education across all sites with a focus on inpatient practice settings.Main duties of the job
*They will provide education to staff across the organisation on :
Recording and updating information to support workforce assurance
Workforce information utilisation and interpretation
Effective rostering practice to support effective deployment and information reporting from HealthRoster
Workforce planning tools and application in practice
Processes associated with setting, reviewing and updating workforce plans
Provide information / education and advice to staff across the organisation during the planning and information gathering elements of workforce and establishment reviews
To support data collection and use this information to inform on areas that require focus with education/ training of managers and teams
To use audit methodology to determine the effectiveness of teaching / education in relation to key areas associated with workforce governance ie : recording of patient dependency and acuityAbout us
We are recognised as one of the leading NHS Foundation Trusts in the UK. Our vision is to Build Healthier Lives, and we recognise that we need incredible staff to do this.
Our commitment to our staff is to create the best place for them to work, and we are dedicated to:
Investing in the health and wellbeing of our staff, including a commitment of offering flexible working where we can Offer our staff a wide variety of training and development opportunities, to support their personal and career development objectives.
UHB is committed to ensuring that our staff are treated fairly and feel that they belong, by creating a kind and inclusive environment. This is about equity of opportunity removing all barriers, including discrimination and ensuring each individual member of staff reach their true potential, achieve their ambitions and thrive in their work. This is more than words. We are taking action. Our commitment to an inclusive culture is embedded at all levels of the organisation where every voice is heard, driven by our diverse and active staff networks, and at Board level by the Fairness Taskforce led by our CEO. We nurture a culture which empowers staff to challenge discriminatory behaviours and to enable people to bring their 'whole self' to a kinder, more connected and bold place to work.
University Hospitals Birmingham is a Smoke-Free premises hospital.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
*Please Note*: For a detailed job description for this vacancy, please see attached Job Description*Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- NMC Registered Nurse or HCPC Registered Allied Health Care Professional
- Highly developed specialist knowledge, underpinned by theory and experience
- Professional knowledge acquired through degree supplemented by specialist professional knowledge and specialist knowledge of mentorship , education and development practice, educated to Master's degree level or equivalent relevant experience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Current/recent experience as a Band 6 or above Nurse Educator in an NHS or health and care environment associated with the practice based assessment / supervision and mentorship of others to agreed levels of competence
- Significant experience working in an Acute NHS / Health and care provider familiar with elective and urgent and emergency care pathways for patients
- Confident and experience practice educator/ facilitator with demonstrable experience in using tact , diplomacy and negotiation skills across professional boundaries
- Experience in teaching and assessing in clinical practice via a variety of media
- Experience in teaching/ educating groups or one a one to one basis
University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.