The East Suffolk and North Essex Foundation Trust (ESNEFT) are looking for a talented and motivated Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician with Electrical bias to join the Mechanical Engineering Team at its Ipswich Hospital site. You will provide effective high quality service in respect to the undertaking of maintenance repairs and modifications to a wide range of Electrical/Mechanical/Building Services within the Trust. Salary point maybe negotiabledependent on experience and skills. Main duties of the jobYou will be responsible for carrying out the repair, maintenance and installation of plant, equipment, systems and building structure/fabric associated with all Trust properties. This will consist of Planned Preventative Maintenance, testing and calibration, fault finding, emergency response, defect correction and new works. If you have completed a recognised trade apprenticeship and hold a BTEC HNC/diploma in Engineering or equivalent City and Guilds qualification with proven experience in non-routine maintenance of complex engineering plant and equipment,and are looking for a challenging and varied role, we look forward to hearing from you.About us
One of the largest Trusts in East Anglia, East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust (ESNEFT) provide hospital and community health services to people living across a wide geographical area. We deliver care from two main hospitals in Colchester and Ipswich, six community hospitals and in patients' own homes. You will be joining a team of almost 12,000 amazing colleagues providing care to approximately a million people.
Along with supporting you to achieve your career goals we offer a generous pension scheme, unsocial hours payments (if applicable), 27 days annual leave on commencement (pro rata) and access to a range of NHS discounts. Our Staff Health and Wellbeing programme offer a variety of services. We offer a range of flexible working opportunities.
Our philosophy is that Time Matters to everyone. Across the Trust, we concentrate on improving the things we do and removing those which do not work or cause time delays for our staff and patients.
If you want to develop your skills and knowledge then we are keen to hear from you.
Find out about living and working with us - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkPu7HphU8AJob descriptionJob responsibilitiesCommunication and Relationship Skills
Required to have excellent communication skills, ensuring good working relationships are maintained with Estates Department staff at all levels and other staff disciplines internal and external to the department in the course of carrying out their duties. Must be tactful and have persuasive skills in respect of providing and receiving complex and sensitive information.
Must possess training skills to undertake the training and/or instruction and evaluation of users of job specific systems and equipment. Be capable of explaining operational and technical issues to estates staff and trainees, clinical/nursing staff, departmental managers and patients in respect of ward and department building and engineering systems and equipment.
Attend departmental meeting and briefings as required. Knowledge, Training and Experience
To have completed a recognised trade apprenticeship and hold a BTEC HNC/diploma in Engineering or equivalent City and Guilds qualification with practical and professional theoretical engineering knowledge acquired through a diploma plus significant equivalent experience in their specialist field.
Must complete recognised BTEC Hospital Competent Persons accredited courses, and be appointed in writing, for work on Specialist healthcare systems as required.
Required to undertake mandatory and statutory training according to Trust policy and as identified in the Trust appraisal process, which will include some or all of the following: -
- Working in Confined Spaces Training.
- Working at Heights
- Asbestos Awareness Training.
- Abrasive Wheel Training.
- Lifting and Handling Training.
- Fire Training.
- Release of Trapped Passengers in Lifts.
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Training (PUWER).
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation Training.
- First Aid Training
- Infection Control Awareness Training.
- Non-Clinical Safety Day
- Information Governance
Required to complete specialist accreditation courses for some the following:
- IEE Wiring Regulations
- Inspection and Testing
- Portable appliance testing.
- Pressure Systems
- L114 Safe Use of Woodworking Machinery
- HTM Authorised Person in appropriate discipline
- Medical Gases
- Water Systems
Accept and utilise any other training and development offered in order to carry out duties and responsibilities to achieve a high quality service. The post holder will be employed to work appropriate to their core skills particularly around building and engineering plant and equipment maintenance. They will however, progressively be trained to acquire elements of other skills with the intention of reaching levels of multi trade flexibility and competence to enable them to achieve and apply their ability where required.
Be required to undertake Authorised Persons Training for at least one of the following as per operationally required: LV/Medical Gas/HVAC/ Decontamination/Pressure Systems/Water Safety/Lifts. For full details of the responsibilities and duties of this role please see the attached job description Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- To have completed a recognised trade apprenticeship and hold a BTEC/HNC/Diploma in Building or Engineering or equivalent City & Guilds qualification with intermediate practical and theoretical knowledge acquired through a diploma plus significant equivalent experience in their specialist field.
Knowledge and SkillsEssential
- Additional trade relevant certification e.g. Refrigeration, Pressure Systems, Fixed Wiring.
- Accredited HTM Authorised Person Course.
- Resuscitation/First Aid Training.
- Infection Control Awareness Training.
- Must be able to demonstrate suitable post apprenticeship experience in non-routine maintenance of complex engineering plant and equipment with a broad understanding of other trade disciplines.
- Experience of liaison with and supervising building and engineering contractors.
- Good communication and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently in difficult environments and under pressure, to assess situations rapidly and make accurate relevant decisions.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of statutory legislation and relevant Codes of Practice
- Knowledge of Health & Safety Policy and Safe Working Procedures
East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.