Band 6 - Mental Health Clinician - Mental Health & Social Inclusion Hub (formally known as Access) - NHS 111 Service.
Join Our Mental Health and Social Inclusion Hub as a Mental Health Clinician.
Are you passionate about making a difference in people's lives? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment that values innovation and collaboration? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our dedicated team as a Mental Health Clinician.
As a Mental Health Clinician in our NHS 111 Mental Health and Social Inclusion Hub, you will play a pivotal role in assessing mental health referrals and providing timely and effective support. Using your expertise, you will evaluate needs, risks, and the urgency of response primarily through telephone consultations. By delivering safe and comprehensive services, you will help individuals navigate their mental health challenges and embark on their recovery journey.Main duties of the job
The Band 6 Mental Health Clinician has a crucial role in processing, assessing and determine the mental health and social care needs of a person referred to determine their ongoing needs and facilitation of service provision. In addition the role will require excellent risk assessment and management skills in relation to and positive risk taking and decision making to enable safe and effective responses for an identified client group, largely by telephone/assessment.
You will participate in the delivery of the agreed aims and objectives of the service and identify factors which may inhibit these from being achieved. They will assist in the delivery of a high standard of Mental Health care to service users referred to the service. They will implement agreed systems for the monitoring of effectiveness of care. They will participate in the education and management of junior staff.About us
By joining Team MPFT, you will be helping your communities and in return for this, we will support you by
- Supporting your career development and progression
- Excellent NHS Pension scheme
- Generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Options for flexible working
- Up to 27 days annual leave (increasing with service up to 33 days) and the opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Extensive Health and Wellbeing support and resources
- If you work in our community teams, we pay for your time travelling between patients
- Lease car if you complete more than 500 business miles per annum, fully insured and maintained (including tyres), mileage paid at lease car rate
- Salary sacrifice car - fully insured and maintained (including tyres), your gross pay is reduced by the cost of the vehicle before tax, NI and pension deductions are calculated, milage paid at business rate s
- Salary sacrifice bikes up to �2k
- Free car parking at all trust sites
- Free flu vaccinations every year
- Citizens Advice support linked with a Hardship Fund for one off additional support up to �250 (if the criteria is met)
And more. We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive organisation and there is a choice of staff networks that help you meet like-minded people.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesCheck out the videos below showcasing why you should grow your career here with us at MPFT:
Why Work for Mental Health Services at MPFT - YouTube
Development and Progression Within Mental Health Services at MPFT - YouTube
What is it like to be an Inpatient Mental Health Nurse at MPFT? - YouTube
What sets us apart? 24/7 Service Shift Patterns: We understand that mental health concerns can arise at any time. That's why we offer flexible shift patterns, including early, day, late (twilight), and night shifts. This ensures we are there for our service users whenever they need us most. Transformation and New Ways of Working: Our organisation is at the forefront of transforming mental health services. By joining our team, you will be part of innovative initiatives that challenge traditional approaches, paving the way for positive change in the field. Front Door to Patient Care: As a Mental Health Clinician, you will be the first point of contact for individuals seeking support. You will have the unique opportunity to make an immediate impact on their well-being by providing compassionate guidance and developing clear outcomes that align with recovery and well-being principles. Fantastic Team Spirit: Our team is built on a foundation of trust, collaboration, and camaraderie. We foster a positive and supportive work environment where everyone's contributions are valued. Together, we celebrate successes and support each other through challenges, ensuring a fulfilling and uplifting work experience. 100% Levels on Supervision: We prioritise your professional development and well-being. You will receive both managerial and clinical supervision, guaranteeing a supportive environment for growth and ensuring you have the resources and guidance you need to excel in your role. Opportunities for Training and Learning: We are committed to continuous learning and development. As a Mental Health Clinician, you will have access to a wide range of training opportunities to enhance your skills and expand your knowledge in the field of mental health. We believe in investing in our team members' growth. Opportunities for Hybrid Working: We understand the importance of work-life balance. That's why we offer flexible working arrangements, including the option for hybrid work. You'll have the opportunity to work both remotely and in the office, ensuring a healthy integration of your personal and professional life.
If you are a compassionate and skilled Mental Health Clinician seeking a role where you can truly make a difference, we invite you to join our NHS 111 Mental Health and Social Inclusion Hub. Take this opportunity to contribute to our transformative work, develop your expertise, and empower individuals on their journey toward recovery and well-being.
Apply today and become a valued member of our passionate and dynamic team. Together, let's create a positive impact on mental health in our community.
Any questions about the role please contact Debbie Shaw (Operational Lead) Debbie.email@example.com / 0808 196 3002Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Be a Registered Mental Health Professional e.g RMN, Occupational Therapist or Social Worker.
- Ability to use computers and other information technology as required
- Non medical prescribing qualification AMHP
- Have at least 2 years post-registration experience
- Have previous experience of working in the community.
Skills & KnowledgeEssential
- Experience of previous working in a similar role.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Have knowledge of current initiatives impacting on the service
- Be able to lead on assessments by telephone confidently and competently.
- Can demonstrate the skills required to work within and across teams and professional boundaries
Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
St Michaels Court
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.