We know everyone says this is a fantastic opportunity but this one really is! You will ensure that the staff we recruit to fill our temporary roles reduce the amount of times we have to use external agencies. We want to ensure that we make the very best use of our NHS spend so that as much as possible is available for patient care.
This role gives you all the buzz of an impactful high volume workload, balanced with the satisfaction of knowing you are contributing to patient care. We are looking for someone to shape and take our temporary staffing service forward.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic person to come and support our Temporary Staffing Service, helping it evolve, develop and be the best it can be. We are a committed, knowledgeable hard working and busy operational team who process a high volume of temporary shift requests per month.Main duties of the job
Bringing prior knowledge and experience, you'll help support the delivery of our service. Contributing to patient safety & providing a high quality service is at the heart of everything we do.
Working collaboratively with teams across the Trust to highlight & identify streamlined ways of working, you'll work closely with the rostering teams to ensure you can provide advice and support around temporary staffing options.
Supporting our Temporary staffing manager and teams to drive innovation & be an advocate for change you'll support on specific projects, supporting the implementation of developments in temporary staffing, including developing and operationalising our internal banks.
You'll support the Temporary staffing team vision in providing the best possible temporary staffing service, utilising you skills and providing the team with a social media platform in which to push out shifts and increase fill.About us
We have 9000 fantastic people working hard to deliver quality services to our patients. Whatever your role, you help look after 370,000 people in our local area & give specialist care to 1.5 million people across Lancashire & Cumbria.
Working with us gives you the knowledge and sense of pride that every activity you do genuinely does make a difference to support our patients & staff, ensuring we keep thriving & delivering outstanding healthcare right across our local towns.
You'll have access to varied development opportunities, learn new skills, meet fab people & do things you'd never have done. You'll learn about working in a hospital, interacting with people from all different roles to build skills & enhance your career path.
You'll make an impact, be challenged to think differently, be bold & help innovate to keep improving things. Everything we do centres around patient care and enhancing their experience which means your role is pivotal and something really to be proud of.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Person SpecificationQualifications & EducationEssential
- Provide leadership management and supervision for the Temporary Staffing Office clerical team responsible for the provision of temporary staffing across the Trust.
- Ensure a system of continuous improvement and development of staff through education and appraisal.
- Liaise with clerical/administrative/professional staff across the trust and externally to ensure unity and conformity of service provision.
- Support the delivery and development of the temporary staffing service, ensuring work streams are efficient and targets are being achieved in providing a quality service.
- Facilitate and support the recruitment of staff to our Temporary Workforce
- You will also coordinate the incident reporting and resolution process for complaints and issues, relating to temporary staff, taking into account professional requirements, in the absence of the temporary staffing manager.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent/relevant experience
- Previous experience of managing staff within a team
- Experience of developing management systems and information
- Experience of writing policies/ office protocols for use within own areas of responsibility
- Evidence of continued learning/development
Knowledge & ExperienceEssential
- Working towards a management Qualification e.g CIPD
- Attendance at relevant management courses
- Experience of working in the NHS in a HR/Nursing related environment
- Experience of using Bankstaff/Healthroster/TRAC/ ESR products
- Management experience within a busy office environment
- Experience of working with complex systems and information
- Experience of managing and prioritising workloads and working to deadlines.
- Knowledge and experience of recruitment and selection processes and equal opportunities legislation
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of negotiation skills/experience
- Knowledge of Employment Legislation e.g IR35 regulations/AWR/NHSI Agency Rules
Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Preston Business Centre
Watling Street Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.