We are recruiting for a Chief Cardiac Physiologist Echo who shares our vision to be trusted to provide consistently outstanding care and exemplary service to our patients.
The Echocardiography service offers adult trans-thoracic echocardiography 7 days a week. We support routine outpatient and inpatient TTE's and a Consultant led TOE, Exercise and Pharmacological Stress echo service. We have recently developed a Herceptin clinic for Oncology patients and are looking to set up a Valve clinic working alongside the Specialist Nurses and Physicians.
The Echo team are heavily involved in staff training with a strong development program in place for both Physiologist's and Cardiology Registrars which has resulted in a high success rate for Accreditation.
All our echo equipment has been recently renewed and we are now equipped with a good number of machines with the latest technology available.
Our Values are I
espect and I
mprove. It is important that you understand and refer to our values during your recruitment process and beyond!Main duties of the job
You will work in co-operation with the Lead Cardiac Physiologist and Cardiology Consultants to ensure operational delivery of the highest standards of patient care in both standard and advanced echocardiography.
As a Chief Cardiac Physiologist you will be required to work as an advanced independent practitioner in echocardiography, providing highly specialised technical services that impact directly upon the clinical management of patients.
As part of the role you would be expected to train in advanced imaging modalities such as stress echo, 3D echo, TOE, speckle tracking and strain analysis.
You will be responsible for organising and delivering theoretical and practical training in cardiac physiology to a wide range of staff. Also, be responsible for supporting and encouraging both medical and physiologist staff to work towards professional accreditation (BSE).
You will support and participate in the 24/7 service. Maintain a high standard of clinical practise and will act as a role model for junior members of staff within the cardiology departments. You must be willing to rotate when required to all sites across the East and North Hertfordshire Trust.About us
At East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust, we are proud of the range of general & specialist services we provide & our 6,000 or so dedicated staff ensure our patients get the best care. Our ability to be flexible & innovative in the way in which we work and deliver our services to our catchment has never been more important than it is now.
We run the following hospitals:
- The Lister Hospital, Stevenage
- New Queen Elizabeth II (New QEII), Welwyn Garden City
- Hertford County, Hertford
- Mount Vernon Cancer Centre (MVCC), Northwood
We have ambitious plans to become an outstanding, patient-led Trust where dedicated staff provide high-quality, compassionate care to our patients. We continue to undergo significant transformation our staff & patients are at the heart of delivering this ambitious agenda.
We understand that finding and starting a new job is an important life decision. If you need reasonable adjustments for a disability, or a life event, such as menopause - so that we can consider your application fairly & to get the best out of you during the selection process, please let us know.
We are committed to a positive work life balance for our employees. Employees are entitled to seek to work flexible working patterns & we are committed to listen and consider all requests. Such requests, of course, have to be made & considered formally, & will need to be balanced against service needs, but our starting point will always be to find ways to support making them happen.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification applicant pack for further detailed information regarding this role.Person SpecificationEducation & QualificationsEssential
- BSc Clinical Physiology or Health Professions Council registration or recognised precursor
- BSE Accreditation
- Substantial post qualification experience within cardiology
- Member of BSE
Communication & Relationship skillsEssential
- Management Diploma
- MSc Cardiology or equivalent experience
- RCCP registered
- Immediate Life Support
- Strong leadership and team building skills
- Able to relate and communicate with staff at all levels and from different professions
- Ability to overcome language barriers
- Evidence of good communication skills. Good written and spoken communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
Knowledge, Training and ExpertiseEssential
- An understanding of HR processes
- Experience of and demonstrable skills in the first line management
- Extensive post graduate experience in Echocardiography
- Competent to perform a range of highly specialised echo procedures
- Experience of day to day organisation / management
- Advanced computer skills
- Ability to direct and work within a team
- High level of co-ordination and manual dexterity
- Flexible in working practice
- Good team worker
- Displays initiative
- Leadership and motivational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Prioritise and manage self and other staff
- Deal effectively with unexpected changes of schedule
- Wide knowledge of general cardiac conditions and their management
- Experience of research/audit and experience of developing clinical practise
- Experience of financial and resource management.
- Management of personnel and processes
- Experience of GE & Philips ultrasound equipment.
- Teaching & presentation skills
- Problem solving: ability to adapt and respond to positively to unexpected issues
- Ability to utilise research in clinical practice, applying an evidence based practice approach
Planning & Organisational SkillsEssential
- Able to think laterally to identify innovative solutions to problems
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Able to apply a fair, consistent and objective approach
- Proactive approach to quality control and making improvements in efficiency and effectiveness of service
- Understanding of management in relation to finance and man power
- Highly self motivated, with willingness to attend courses / conferences and to keep up to date with new developments
- Conscientious approach and attention to detail, measures progress against target
- Patient and capable
- Quick, calm especially in response to a crisis
- Good attendance record
- Participate in cross site cover either using personal vehicle or public transport
- Participate in 7 day working
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to travel easily between sites
East and North Herts NHS TrustAddress
Corey's Mill Lane
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.