Bank Theatre Practitioner (Operating Department Practitioner/ Registered Nurse)
Work as a competent member of the theatre team, supporting the philosophy of multi-skilling and integration of theatre personnel.
Be an accountable practitioner, taking every opportunity to sustain and improve knowledge and professional competence in all aspects of peri-operative care.
To support the delivery of a high quality, safe and compassionate healthcare service, all staff are expected to act as a role model to others in all aspects of their work and consistently demonstrate NNUH's 'PRIDE' values of People focused, Respect,Dedication, Integrity and Excellence.
A maximum of 150 hours of supervised practice is available if you have not worked within an acute hospital setting in the last 12 months. The programme can be tailored to individual need and does attract a bursary. Unfortunately we are unable to offer sponsorship for roles within Temporary Staffing.
The Hub at JPUH is currently managing overseas recruitment therefore you may wish to contact them on InternationalNurseRecruitmentHub@jpaget.nhs.ukMain duties of the job
Work as an competent practitioner, contributing to the development of the multidisciplinary team, ensuring the most effective utilisation of resources.
Undertake a full range of theatre duties appropriate to the specialty by providingskilled assistance in the anaesthetic and surgical role.
Be personally accountable for undertaking a range of enhanced skills specific to the clinical area in accordance with trust Policy.
Assess, monitor and evaluate the care needs of the peri-operative patient,gaining the comprehensive understanding of the patient's condition andreporting effectively to the appropriate person.
Maintain and ensure that patient safety, comfort, dignity and confidentiality remains paramountAbout us
Our PRIDE values of People Focus, Respect, integrity, Dedication and Excellence are important to our theatre teams, and to be successful you will need to share our beliefs and values. In particular, you will support our approach to clinical excellence by taking every opportunity to learn and develop your skills and competence in every aspect of peri-operative care. Our multi skilled teams work together, developing strong working relationships through respect and integrity to deliver exceptional results.
At NNUH it is our privilege to provide healthcare to over one million people across Norfolk and surrounding areas. Our vision is to 'provide every patient with the care we want for those we love the most', and if this inspires you and you share our values, we really want you to join our team.The Staff Bank is an ideal way of starting a career in the Trust, offering flexibility of working hours and the opportunity to gain experience in different areas. The Staff Bank will provide training to enable you to work across the Trust however, adaptation courses are not available.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Further details of the job role and responsibilities can be found within the attached Job Description.Person SpecificationQualifications and TrainingEssential
- Registered Nurse on the appropriate part of the NMC Register
- Within two years of registration, aim to complete the Mentorship preparation programme
- Achievement of indicators in KSF outline (subset 1 year, full 5 years)
Knowledge & ExperienceDesirable
- Post registration qualification relevant to the clinical area
- Working towards a health related degree
- A1 Vocational Assessor's Qualification or equivalent e.g. D32 / D33
- Recent experience of nursing in an acute hospital environment
- Knowledge/experience of relevant speciality
- Experience of managing / leading a team and co-ordinating workload
- Experience of mentoring, supervision, teaching and assessment
Training and developmentEssential
- Competency in clinical skills including enhanced practice relevant to the level of experience and clinical area
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development and maintenance of a Personal, Professional Profile
- Continual update of KSF evidence portfolio
Norfolk and Norwich University HospitalAddress
Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.