Our East Sussex School Health Service are looking for enthusiastic and highly motivated, Specialist Community Public Health Nurses (School Nurse or Health Visitor)
Every day working as a SCPHN is different, including identifying need, planning and implementing interventions as well as working with a range of local children's agencies and professionals.
This role will be perfect for someone wishing to develop their knowledge and skills working with 5-19 yr olds and to join skill-mix team that has a diverse range of knowledge and skills.
The East Sussex School Health Service is open Monday to Friday between the hours of 08:30 - 17:00. The main hub is in Polegate with hot desks across the county.Main duties of the job
As a SCPHN you will develop integrated care programmes in partnership with senior practitioners and/or commissioners. You will also support in the supervision and development of staff.
You will be expected to act as lead and senior practitioner to support junior staff carry out assessment/reassessments of service users and/or pathways with complex needs across the relevant field.
In addition you will use your clinical judgement and risk assessments to keep the people using our services as safe as possible, this includes safeguarding people by recognising and responding when an adult or child might be at risk from abuse but also recognising their own limits, asking for help and escalating concerns when necessary.
You will be working with others teams and partner agencies to create a culture of continuous improvement and service development.About us
One of the largest community NHS trusts in the UK, KCHFT are rated 'outstanding' by the CQC. We've got a passion for delivering high standards of care to patients and deliver excellent services to improve the health of our communities. To do this we need outstanding people who share our valuesC
We're committed to equality, diversity and inclusion, which leads to better patient care and a happier workforce. So, all our colleagues have equal access to career opportunities.
We've signed up to be a real UK living wage employer. The real Living Wage is the only UK wage rate voluntarily paid by 7,000+ UK businesses who believe their staff deserve a fair wage. Committing to the real UK Living Wage is one way we're delivering our pledge to be the best employer.
Flexibility is another way we do this. In the NHS, we're reminded every day how important life is. As a flexible working friendly organisation, we want you to be able to work in a way that is best for us, for our patients and for you. Speak to us about how we might be able to accommodate a flexible working arrangement without having to sacrifice time for personal interests or family commitments. We'll support you to work flexibly in a way that will suits us both.
Looking for professional development? We can support that too! Ourcareer pathwayswill help you achieve your aspirationsJob descriptionJob responsibilities
The job description and person specification gives you all the information you need about this role. Please look carefully at the criteria in the person specification and tell us what you have done that shows you meet this.
Still have questions? The recruiting manager would love to hear from you, their contact details can be found in the job advert.
We can get a lot of applications for some roles so to be in with the best chance of being shortlisted please make sure you apply as soon as possible. A vacancy may close early if there is a lot of interest in the job.
If you need an application form in an alternative format please let our recruitment team know so they can help you with this.
All information you supply on your application should, to the best of your knowledge, be true and accurate. Interviews are due to take place on the 5th of October 2023.
Find out more about the community differencehere.
Good luck! We cant wait to meet you and welcome you to #teamKCHFT, #cometocommunity
Although vaccination against COVID-19 is not mandatory, we are strongly encouraging colleagues in clinical and non-clinical roles who have direct or social contact with patients to be fully vaccinated. In this way we will be doing all we can to ensure your safety and that of your colleagues and the patients we serve.Person SpecificationQualifcationsEssential
- Registered health care professional (NMC registration)
- Health related degree and evidence of relevant post graduate development at Level 6
- Evidence of Specialist qualifications relevant to area of practice - Specialist Community Public Health Nurse
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in area of practice
- Practical experience in managing health related projects/complex caseloads
- Supporting others (mentor / educator / supervisor) experience
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- Understanding of National Service Frameworks and NICE guidance to relevant to care setting and its application across health care services
- Evidence of continued relevant professional development and implementation in practice within the last 12 months
- Understanding of training needs in relation to post
- Ability to manage time effectively, priorities and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of people at all organisational levels across different sectors including areas of social deprivation
- Ability to communicate complex, sensitive information to individuals and groups
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
Ability to manageEssential
- Ability to motivate and organise others to ensure best practice
- Ability to manage and lead change
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexible and adaptable
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to support the implementation of local and national agendas for health under the guidance of the senior Practitioner
- Ability to prioritise care delivery in a professional manner, taking into account Trust policies and procedures
- Ability to manage own time effectively
Kent Community Health NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Hastings / Polegate / Crowborough
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.