High Intensity Trainee (IAPT) - Band 6 Full time, 12 month Training Course Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership Trust work alongside Coventry and Warwickshire MIND to deliver the NHS Talking Therapies (Formerly IAPT) service across Coventry, Warwickshire and Solihull.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic health professional to train as a High Intensity therapist within Coventry & Warwickshire Partnership Trust's Talking Therapies service. The service provides primary care psychological therapies for clients experiencing a range of common mental health difficulties.Main duties of the job
This is a training role within the NHS Talking Therapies (Formerly IAPT) Programme . The post-holder will work within the NHS Talking therapies service providing high intensity interventions whilst undertaking a programme of training for this role. This intensive training post will equip the post - holder to provide a cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) service to clients with a range of complex problems for which CBT is demonstrated to be clinically effective. The post- holder will work in the service for three days of the week using the newly developed skills whilst attending the training programme for the other two days.
The dates are as follows: Application to Coventry University following successful shortlisting by 25th September 2023. Academic screen will take place with Coventry University on 11th October 2023. Interviews will be offered to all applicants who successfully complete the academic screen on 25th October 2023. About us
At Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust (CWPT), we deliver a wide range of physical, mental health, learning disability and autism services, and are proud to serve communities across Coventry, Warwickshire and beyond.
We put 'people at our heart' this ethos is at the centre of everything we do and how we do it. We care for our staff and colleagues as much as they care for others and offer a wide range of benefits and development opportunities.
- generous annual leave entitlement which increases during your time with us
- excellent learning and development opportunities, including apprenticeship frameworks, distance learning, internal training, coaching and mentoring, and much more
- salary sacrifice schemes for lease car/ vehicle, Cycle to Work, home and electronics, gym membership and more
- discounts with a range of retailers, restaurants and entertainment venues through our Employee Assistance Programme and NHS discount schemes
- wellbeing support, including an in-house counselling service, external helpline and more
- staff networks and support groups
We're always on the lookout for people who share our passion for improving the lives and wellbeing of people in our community, as well as our values of compassion, collaboration, excellence, integrity and respect.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
A recorded/registered qualification in one of the following at graduate level is essential: nursing, social work, occupational therapy, physiotherapy or within a psychological therapy OR
an associated health/ social care degree and e
vidence of meeting the Knowledge Skills and Attitude (KSA) requirements of BABCP. Please remember if you are a qualified Pwp applying through the KSA route, you need to have been qualified for a minimum of 2 years to be considered for these posts.
We are looking for practitioners who are skilled in providing effective evidence-based interventions to individuals experiencing symptoms of anxiety and depression. We would particularly welcome interest from practitioners who can demonstrate previous experience of working within diverse populations and are committed to the NHS Talking Therapies agenda.
Enthusiasm, confidence and the ability to work flexibly and without close direction are essential. In return, you will have the opportunity of being in the forefront of primary care Mental Health Service delivery. In addition to the satisfaction of working in a progressive, dynamic service there will be excellent development opportunities.
The trainee HI placements will be within CWPT IAPT service across one of the 5 localities. The HI trainee posts are subject to a two-part interview which includes an academic exercise at the University.
Any potential post holder must hold a full driving licence. For more information on this role please see the attached support information. This will give you a better overview of the job role and requirements.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- A recorded/registered qualification in one of the following at graduate level in nursing, social work, occupational therapy, arts therapy or within a psychological therapy.OR
- Evidence of meeting the Knowledge Skills and Attitude (KSA) requirements of BABCP with experience as a qualified Pwp.
- Demonstrable experience of working in mental health services
- Demonstrates high standards in written communication
- Able to write clear reports and letters to referrers
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Car driver and/or ability and willingness to travel to locations throughout the organisation
Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.