Are you an Occupational Therapist motivated to work in mental health? Would you thrive in a role working with people with complex mental health needs? If so, our Band 5 Occupational Therapist role at Department of Psychiatry in Eastbourne, may be the job for you!
Your role will work across our adult wards alongside the rest of our therapy team. Our patients are at the heart of everything we do. It is our privilege to provide compassion and care to patients and their loved ones, supporting them through their recovery journey.
If you have passion, experience and skills in mental health care and want to work with an amazing team - then we want to hear from you. You will need to possess effective time management skills to manage your own caseload and work through the OT process. You will be expected to carry out specific occupational assessments and recovery-based interventions for individuals with a range of mental health needs and play a key role in contributing to safe and effective discharges.
This is a fantastic development opportunity for a newly qualified or experienced band 5 OT who wishes to develop skills and knowledge in the field of mental health.You will be joining a small and friendly team, with opportunities to work in close collaboration with multidisciplinary colleagues. Professional support is provided by the Clinical Specialist Occupational Therapist through supervision and practice development.Main duties of the job
To plan and provide a range of occupational assessments and interventions that will promote recovery and wellbeing for the people you support. This will include home assessments and group work, with regular support and supervision.
To manage a caseload of clients, using evidence based/ client centred principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate interventions.assessments and group work with regular support and supervision.
To support the promotion of Occupational Therapy within the clinical area.About usWhat we can offer you in return
In return for your skills and expertise we can offer you highly rewarding work within an established, supportive, innovative, occupational therapy team.
- Regular Professional supervision
View our film
- Access to a wide range of Training and CPD opportunities including
- A programme of AHP specific training
- Monthly Occupational Therapy CPD Hubs
- Communities of Practice (AMPS, Sensory Strategies and Recovery Through Activity, Occupational Formulation)
- The opportunity to participate in a range QI work and service innovations
- Varied development opportunities
- There may also be future opportunities to be part of a rotation within Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust and East Sussex Healthcare Trust.
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details.
We encourage and welcome informal visits. For further information please contact: Wayne Lepper, Occupational Therapy Clinical Specialist Wayne.Lepper@spft.nhs.ukJob descriptionJob responsibilities
- To be a core member of the local clinical team, using mental healthand occupational therapy assessments.- To manage a caseload of clients with mental health needs.- To plan and implement client centred individual and groupinterventions, using graded activity to achieve therapeutic goals.- To identify occupational therapy goals as part of the overall care plan.- To monitor, evaluate and modify treatment in order to measureprogress and ensure effectiveness of intervention.- To apply an understanding of the effect of disability and providetraining and advice on lifestyles changes and adaptations to theclients social and physical environment.- To work alongside carers- To establish robust communication networks with clients carers andother health workers, multi-disciplinary team, other agencies and third sector partners.- To demonstrate effective communication skills with people whoseunderstanding may be impaired
See job description attached for full details
We are building a new hospital in Bexhill to replace our inpatient services at the Department of Psychiatry. This means that, if you are successful in your application, you will be asked to transfer to the new facilities when they open in 2025.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
Knowledge & ExperienceEssential
- Degree/Diploma in occupational therapy
- Registration with the HCPC as an occupational therapist
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of working with people with mental health difficulties
- Experience working as part of a team
- Experience running groups/activities
- Experience of being supervised
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Department of Psychiatry
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.