We are looking to recruit a skilled Operations & Performance Manager with a friendly, positive can do attitude, who comes from a technical background and can project manage minor works relating to the Building Engineering Maintenance department and can further develop the operational team including the associated processes and procedures.
You will be responsible and the main point of contact for the Asset Management, Life Cycle Management, Planned Preventative Maintenance and BAU operational activities, ensuring good practices and Health and Safety are always adhered to.
In addition, undertake the day-to-day responsibility and accountability for management, development, co-ordination, and support of the BEM team including:
Main duties of the job
- Working to SFG 20 maintenance methodologies and specification data to provide a measurable and quality service.
- Interaction with CAFM Management to ensure completion of planned works.
- Data collection & reporting to PAM (Property Assurance Management)
- Financial budget holder of the operations department
Responsible to oversee and monitor the Asset Management and planned preventative maintenance schedule for all installations, services, systems, and work activities, ensuring good practice and compliance with relevant legislation, NHS guidance, health and safety, standards, codes of practice and regulations.
Advise the Associate Director of Estates on all aspects of the CAFM system and Asset Management.
Using data from the CAFM system, follow up delayed tasks and activities with the engineering team and communicate directly with the service users to ensure engagement.
Line-manage the estates administration/helpdesk team at Cambridge University Hospital (including off-site properties).About usOur Trust
Cambridge University Hospitals (CUH) NHS Foundation Trust comprises Addenbrooke's Hospital and the Rosie Hospital in Cambridge. With over 11000 staff and over 1100 beds the priorities of the Trust focus on a quality service which is all about people - patients, staff and partners. Recognised as providing 'outstanding' care to our patients and rated 'Good' overall by the Care Quality Commissioner, is testament to the skill and dedication of the people who work here. CUH's values - Together - Safe, Kind, Excellent - are at the heart of patient care, defining the way all staff work and behave. The Trust provides accessible high-quality healthcare for the local people of Cambridge, together with specialist services, dealing with rare or complex conditions for a regional, national and international population.
CUH is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves. We value our differences and fully advocate and support an inclusive working environment where every individual can fulfil their potential. We want to ensure our people are truly representative of all the communities that we serve. We welcome applications for all positions in the organisation irrespective of people's age, disability, ethnicity, race, nationality, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity status or social economic background.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached Applicant Information Pack (combined Job Description and Person Specification) for key duties and responsibilities.
This vacancy will close at midnight on the 21st September 2023.
Interviews are due to be held on the 28th September 2023. Benefits to you
We offer development opportunities and a wide range of benefits including on-site leisure facilities, shopping concourse, day nurseries and access to a great transport system with easy access to airports and rail travel.
Please note if you would like to discuss the required hours of this role further, you should approach the contact given. In some cases alternative working hours will be considered.
We welcome applications from the Armed Forces.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Degree or HND with endorsements in Mech/Elec Engineering or equivalent.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Asset Management.
- Authorised Person (AP) for example: Lifts HV, LV, Medical Gas, Decontamination, Ventilation, Water Systems.
- Proven experience managing a large team of maintenance staff promoting a culture of continuous improvement.
- Proven experience of managing the delivering of PPM requirements and breakdown repairs in a complex public accessible environment.
- Experience or relevant experience in managing Mech/Elec plant & equipment.
- Experience in drafting processes and policies. Auditing and reviewing large and complex maintenance contracts.
- Experience of complex plant operation & maintenance requirements.
- Experience of managing authorised processes and contract management.
- Previous Hospital maintenance management.
- Experience of managing permit to work systems.
- Exerience within an Asset Management environment.
- Working knowledge of H & S.
- Working knowledge of relevant current legislation and guidance.
- Detailed knowledge of the preparation of computer PPM schedules.
- Working knowledge of all Health Technical Memoranda.
- Asset Management ISO 55001.
- CAFM System interigation.
- Proven people/ staff management skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Good leadership skills.
- Proven fault-finding capabilities.
- Sound IT knowledge and experience.
- CAFM systems experience.
- Capable of working in a demand driven service.
- Polished presentation skills.
- Experience of operating building management computer systems.
Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- The ability to understand and behave at all times, towards patients, visitors and colleagues according to the Trust values of safe, kind, excellent.
- Must be able to motivate and get the best from management staff.
- Adaptable to change.
- Working to deadlines.
Cambridge University Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Addenbrookes Hospital - Division Corporate
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.