This role is key to implementing the Trust's Apprenticeship offer, by working with professional leads across the Trust to raise awareness of the benefits of Apprenticeships as a route for training delivery and helping to support current apprentices to get the most out of their education. They would work within the community to increase our recruitment pathways for local schools, colleges and job centres through offering work experience, work placements and widening participation programmes.Main duties of the job
This role would arrange the delivery of an apprenticeship management development programme for all managers with apprentices to ensure they have an understanding of the requirements, approach and ensure off the job training is supported.About us
South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust (SLaM) provides the widest range of NHS mental health services in the UK. Their 4,600 staff serve a local population of 1.3 million people, offering more than 230 services including inpatient, outpatient and community services. Providing inpatient care for approximately 3,900 people each year and treating more than 67,000 patients across the communities of Lambeth, Southwark, Lewisham and Croydon, SLAM is part of King's Health Partners, one of England's six Academic Health Sciences Centres, alongside King's College London, Guy's and St Thomas' and King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trusts.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Person Specificationon or relevant experienceEssential
- Support the Head of Apprenticeships and Work Based Learning in delivering of initiatives that raise profile of Apprenticeships across the Trust and the delivery of the Trust Apprenticeship Strategy
- Act as the first point of escalation within the L& OD team for apprentices and their line managers who require support with their apprenticeship programmes.
- Provide support to both learners and managers to ensure information and support is in place for off the job learning and end point assessment (EPA)
- Provide support to line managers and department/education leads to gain insight and understanding of Apprenticeships and their roles and responsibilities to staff who are undertaking programmes.
- Organise and implement agreed training programme for line managers of apprentices, liaising between provider and senior L& OD team.
- Support the Head of Apprenticeships and Work Based Learning in the marketing of apprenticeships through creating of marketing collateral and running of information sessions
- Act as main point of contact for our Functional Skills training provider
- Monitor performance of Functional Skills initiatives and maintain up to date and accurate records of staff who have undertaken Functional Skills Training
- Attend and participate in the Health Education England Widening Participation Support Network meeting and other relevant regional meetings.
- Propose and develop changes to working practices for the Apprenticeship offer to enable and enhanced and more efficient service
- Participate in procurement panels for prospective Apprenticeship providers in order to ensure L& OD meet all standards and requirements when procuring services.
- Support the Apprenticeship Administrator in the organisation of procurement panel presentations for prospective Apprenticeship training providers and be part of the panel groups.
- Support the Apprenticeship Manager to monitor delivery of apprenticeship contracts against the agreed service level agreement.
- Liaise with our approved training providers and other stakeholders on the coordination of programmes.
- Implement the introduction of T-levels, Cadets, Project Search and other widening participation initiatives within the Trust, sourcing work placements for these schemes and ensuring that managers are equipped with the skills to mentor these students
- To scope the implementation of a face to face family and friends work experience programme, legal requirements, administrative processes including monitoring equity of access to the scheme.
- Provide support for the development and implementation of L& D policies and processes
- Maintain oversight of all apprenticeship records and reports monitoring enrolment, completion rates and Levy usage
- Support the implementation and continuous review of the apprenticeship offer ensuring our programmes build capabilities across the Trust.
- Work within the community to increase our recruitment pathways for local schools, colleges and job centres.
- Work with workforce and the recruitment team in relation to recruitment drives
- Work with resourcing to support the recruitment of external apprentices.
- Ensure governance and processes are in place to ensure quality of the provision of Apprenticeship programmes and KPIs are met.
- Work with a continuous improvement mind-set and a can do approach to ensure L& OD delivers value through its services.
- To be a supportive and active team player who advocates for learning across the Trust
- To actively engage in on-going personal learning and development
- Support with the oversight of the Digital Apprenticeship Service (DAS) Levy account, working with the Apprenticeship coordinator as required.
- Support with the Levy transfer spend ensuring the SL& M uses its status as an Anchor Institution for the benefit of small businesses in the community as well as within the NHS.
- To work with external organisations to ensure our Levy transfer forecast is up to date.
- There may be other portfolios or Trust priorities that fall within the post holders' remit and these will be reviewed and agreed with the line manager and senior E& D Team.
- To be responsible, with management support, for their own personal development and to actively contribute to the development of colleagues.
- Education to degree level, equivalent qualification or relevant experience
- Post graduate qualification in relevant field i.e. Education, Project Management, Learning and Development OR relevant equivalent experience
- Project Management training or experience
- Experience of working independently and as part of a team
- Good working knowledge of the Apprenticeship Levy
- Experienced and effective manager skilled at networking and establishing positive internal and external relationships and rapport
- Experience of managing and analysing data
- Experience of working with stakeholders at all levels both within and outside of the organisation
- Experience of working with third party providers
- Experience of creating and implementing a marketing or communications plan
- Experience of people management, engagement and able to motivate individuals
Employer detailsEmployer name
- High level of IT skills, including using various Microsoft Office applications
- Being flexible and adaptable at work in order to meet competing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work as a part of a high performing team
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders and service users
South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Bishopsgate Training Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.