Are you a Band 5 Registered Nurse?
Is your passion delivering excellent care? Are you career minded with motivation, drive and enthusiasm? Do you enjoy playing a key role within the multidisciplinary team in acute care? Can you make everyone feel welcomed, respected, cared for and reassured that they are always in safe hands because you are communicating clearly and offering excellent person centered care?Main duties of the jobA Registered Nurse who delivers compassionate, professional, skilled and effective person centred, evidence based nursing care by working within a multidisciplinary team, developing collaborative, needs based care plans through assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation.
There are vacancies across the following clinical areas:
PLEASE NOTE: If you are an Overseas Registered Nurse who is required to take the OSCE exam, we are currently unable to accept direct applications, these are now all managed through ID Medical.About usGloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Acute Care & Emergency Departments (inc. rotational opportunities)
- Cardiology, Respiratory, Gastroenterology, and Renal Wards
- Care of the Elderly Ward (attracts a 7% enhancement, see info below)
- Stroke & Neurology Units (attracts a 7% enhancement, see info below)
- General and Specialist Surgical Wards
- Trauma & Orthopaedic Wards
- Theatres & Recovery (inc. opportunities to rotate between teams)
- Intensive Care Units
- ...and many other areas!
is one of the largest hospital trusts in the country and we provide high quality acute elective and specialist care across a multitude of specialties. Our hospitals are based across two sites in Cheltenham and Gloucester. We are the second largest employer in Gloucestershire, with more than 8,000 employees.
Our success depends on the commitment and dedication of our staff, many of whom are world leaders in the fields of healthcare, teaching and research, and we aim to recruit and retain the best staff possible.
We offer a generous annual leave allowance, excellent bank rates, access to the excellent NHS Pension Scheme, discounts for local shops, restaurants and services, access to our health and well-being hub, access to our two on-site nurseries, flexible working options, discounted public transport, reward and recognition schemes, exercise and activity classes and membership to our popular hospital choir.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesIn line with the Trust Vision to provide the Best Care for Everyone Professional values
Communication and interpersonal skills
- conduct oneself in a professional manner and be a role model
- act with professionalism and integrity, and work within agreed professional, ethical and legal frameworks and processes to maintain and improve standards
Nursing practice and decision making
- work in partnership with other health and social care professionals and agencies, service users, carers and families ensuring that decisions about care are shared
Leadership, management and team working
- assess, plan, deliver and evaluate the nursing care of patients in accordance with UK law, the NMC code of conduct and the Trust values
- deliver high quality essential care to all persons in their care
- deliver complex care to service users in their field of practice
- act to protect the public, and be responsible and accountable for safe, person-centred, evidence-based nursing practice
- practice in a compassionate, respectful way, maintaining dignity and wellbeing and communicating effectively
- act on their understanding of how peoples lifestyles, environments and where care is delivered influence their health and wellbeing
- seek out every opportunity to promote health and prevent illness
- work effectively as a member of the multidisciplinary team
- manage a patient/caseload of patients within defined clinical area
- use leadership skills to supervise and manage others and contribute to planning, designing, delivering and improving future services
- To organise own time and that of non-registered staff, students and other learners as appropriate
- To support the senior members of staff in the management and supervision of the defined clinical area
- Actively contribute to a good learning environment by taking on the role of mentor/assessor for learners.
- Active registration with the NMC as a Registered Nurse
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience (through placement or employment) of working in an acute clinical environment
Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Gloucester / Cheltenham
Gloucester / Cheltenham
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.