Following internal promotions, our Physiotherapy team at Basildon Hospital are looking to recruit an experienced band 5 physiotherapist who wishes to progress their career or existing band 6 who is looking to join a different team for a 12 month fixed term contract to cover maternity leave.
This role would enable you to showcase and develop your leadership and clinical skills, communication and team work, working together to deliver high levels of patient centred care which align with our Trust values.
Rotations a re currently 6 months long and include opportunities in Critical Care and Respiratory, Oncology, Orthopaedics, Neurology, Stroke, Cardiothoracics, Acute medicine, Care of the Elderly and Paediatrics.Main duties of the job
This role allows an enthusiastic Physiotherapists to join our team, who have wide ranging clinical experience, good communication and interpersonal skills and a passion for delivering high quality patient-centred care.
Join our friendly and supportive team of therapists, where continuous professional development, research and quality improvement processes are encouraged .There is a well-established in-service education programme, where you can build upon your clinical and managerial skills with support from senior clinical leads.
Candidates will be expected to join and partake in our overnight emergency on call rota and weekend working rotas so previous experience of working on an on call rota or working within respiratory / Critical Care field is essential. You will also be expected to work as part of a seven day rota and extended hours during some of the rotations.About us
Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation Trust is now one of the largest in the country, with a workforce of approximately 15,000 who serve a population of 1.2 million people.
We work together, and in conjunction with MSE Health and Care Partnership, to deliver excellent local and specialist services, to improve the health and wellbeing of our patients in a compassionate way, and provide a respectful, but vibrant place for staff to develop, innovate and build careers.
From facilities through to consultant specialists we want to be the best, to achieve this we need to recruit not just those who are the finest in their field but also those who have the potential to be. Yes, experience is important but so is outlook - if you are dynamic, forward-thinking and enthusiastic we want you to join us.
We not only offer you a good working environment with flexible working opportunities, but also the opportunity to develop your career with access to appropriate training for your job and the support to succeed and progressJob descriptionJob responsibilities
For full details about this varied and rewarding role, please see attached job description, but some of the responsibilities include
1. To undertake all aspects of clinical duties as an autonomous practitioner, accessing advice and guidance from a Senior Physiotherapist when required.2. To undertake a comprehensive assessment of patients using relevant sources of information, including those with diverse or complex presentations/ multi pathologies use advanced clinical reasoning skills and manual assessment techniques to provide an accurate diagnosis of their conditions. To involve patients, relatives and carers as appropriate in the care planning process.3. To be professionally and legally accountable for all aspects of own work, including the management of patients in your care.4. Assess patient understanding of treatment proposals, gain valid informed consent and have the capacity to work within a legal framework with patients who lack capacity of consent to treatment.5. To deputise for the Band 7 / Team Leader in their absence, taking responsibility for operational management of the team allocating and organising the work of Junior and Assistant staff to meet service priorities on a daily basis. To cover other Physiotherapists in time of need.
PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT APPLY Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- HCPC registration
- Degree/Diploma in Physiotherapy
- Evidence of relevant CPD
Knowledge and experienceEssential
- Clinical Educators course
- Previous experience as a Junior or Senior Physio
- Supervision of staff
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Teaching/presentation experience
Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.