CLCH Hertfordshire Adult Community Services -
CLCH NHS Trust provides a range of Community Services, and the Hertfordshire Division is recruiting!
Hi, I'm Corinne, one of the new Locality managers in the Watford community nursing team. I'm new in post and looking to expand our fantastic nursing team. We are looking for motivated, proactive, and enthusiastic individuals who are keen to join the community nursing workforce.
This post offers both experienced and newly qualified nurses the opportunity to develop or expand clinical skills, ranging from IV therapy, Palliative care and Tissue viability to name a few.
We have two bases in the Watford locality team, one at the Building Research Establishment in Garston and the other at Skidmore Way Clinic in Rickmansworth.Main duties of the job
With a professional background in community nursing spanning 15 years and practice development nursing, I am committed to offering successful applicants a structured and individualised induction and development plan, tailored to professional development needs, also taking into account any transferrable skills.
Induction periods include shadowing of Specialist services (Tissue Viability, Bladder and Bowel, Rapid response) to enhance knowledge and develop ongoing working relationships. Successful applicants will have access and support from our Induction Facilitator and Practice development nurses, who will support with initial and ongoing development and education.
Please feel free to make contact if you would like any further information or to arrange a visit to our team.
This is an extended hours service and we welcome applicants seeking both full time and part time work(minimum 25 hours a week) with hours to be spread across our day service, twilight service, and weekend service.About us
Central London Community Healthcare (CLCH) is one of the largest community healthcare organisations in London and Hertfordshire, providing our services to diverse communities/boroughs in 11 London Boroughs - Barnet, Brent, Ealing, Hammersmith & Fulham, Harrow, Hounslow, Kensington and Chelsea, Merton, Richmond, Wandsworth, Westminster - and Hertfordshire.
Just as we care about our patients' wellbeing, we care about yours!
We can offer you:
- A comprehensive induction into the community service followed by a local induction to introduce you to the role
- Single occupancy accommodation in Central London - (we can help you find accommodation in London, support you with your deposit)
- Support with gaining your driving license *T& C's apply
- Car lease scheme *T& C's apply
- Flexible working options
- Annual travel card loan
- Training, support and development in your career
To have a full look at our benefits and what it's like working for us please go here: https://www.clch.nhs.uk/job/pay-and-benefits
At CLCH we appreciate and are proud of the diversity in the communities we serve and the workforce we employ. Applications are open and welcome to anyone, regardless of your age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, and disability. We are proud to say that we follow the workforce race equality standard and 28% of our senior staff (8A and above) are from a BAME background. CLCH also has active BAME and LGBTQI networks.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to Job description and personal Specification for outline of skills, knowledge and experience required. Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- To be committed to teamwork and demonstrate good communication at all times
- To demonstrate good assessment, care planning and evaluation of care skills for a range of conditions.
- Registered Nurse with current UK NMC registration
- Evidence of other post-registration education and training
- Understanding of working in a rehabilitation unit or intermediate care setting
- Knowledge of negotiating and liaising within a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience of working with people with complex needs
- Experience of supervising junior staff and coordinating a team on a day to day, regular basis
- Experience of evidence-based care
- Experience of undertaking comprehensive health needs assessment and writing care plans
Skills & KnowledgeEssential
- Broad work in a community hospital setting
Desirable Key AttributesEssential
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Friendly and approachable manner.
- Ability to organise self and others.
- Ability to prioritise and delegate workload.
- Ability to teach peers, patients, and carers.
- Pre-empt and deal with complaints effectively as appropriate.
- Phlebotomy/male catheterisation or willingness to undertake training.
- Willingness to undertake flexible shift patterns including rotation between different areas of the unit or Trust.
- Ability to work 24 hour rotation and flexible shift patterns
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Awareness of rehabilitation skills
Central London Community Health TrustAddress
Watford - BRE
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.