There has never been a better time to join our trust than now!
Our trust is one of the five trusts to be assured funding from the government for our transformation and sustainability plans to improve the services for the people of Leicester and Leicestershire.
University Hospitals of Leicester has one of the largest maternity services in the country, currently across two obstetric sites, a stand alone birth centre and community services. We have a birth rate of around 10,000 per year, providing care for a complex, diverse population with the challenges of a deprived inner city and rural county. This role will provide ample opportunities for professional development and experience of a busy and challenging service.
Are you passionate about providing safe, effective and personal care and empowering and supporting our maternity teams to improve the quality of care?
Do you have excellent communication skills along with visible, dynamic and inspirational leadership with the ability to enable the midwifery workforce to deliver safe and high quality standards of care?
We are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic, inspirational midwife leader to join the midwifery team, the post holder will have credibility to work clinically alongside the frontline staff.Main duties of the job
The successful applicants will join the experienced team of band 7's who along with the Existing Ward Managers, Coordinators and Matron will provide support and mentoring to develop your skills into this leadership role.
Along with the multidisciplinary team you will be responsible for overseeing the safe delivery of service in the Maternity Assessment Unit at LRI ensuring the delivery of safe and high quality care. You will be expected to have some leadership experience and have some knowledge of HR guidelines and policies.
You will be required to contribute to the development of others, support the unit in times of high activity and have a passion for staff well being. You will need to show strong leadership both clinically and professionally and have a passion for patient experience.
You will be based primarily at the Leicester Royal Infirmary.About us
We are one of the biggest and busiestNHStrusts in the country, incorporating the General, Glenfield and Royal Infirmary hospitals. We have our very own Children's Hospital and run one of the country's leading heart centres.
Our team is made up of more than 17,000 staff providing a range of services primarily for the one million residents of Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
We work with partners at the University of Leicester and De Montfort University providing world-class teaching to nurture and develop the next generation of doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals, many of whom go on to spend their working lives with us.
Our purpose is to provide 'Caring at its best' and our staff have helped us create a set of values that embody who we are and what we're here to do. They are:
o We focus on what matters most
o We treat others how we would like to be treated
o We are passionate and creative in our work
o We do what we say we are going to do
o We are one team and we are best when we work together
Our patients are at the heart of all we do and we believe that 'Caring at its best' is not just about the treatments and services we provide, but about giving our patients the best possible experience.
About the University Hospitals of LeicesterNHSTrust: (leicestershospitals.nhs.uk)Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Take accountability and responsibility for the given area be visible, accessible and responsive to the needs of serviceusers, patients, carers and the public.
Provide direction, effective and inspirational leadership to theMidwifery and Multidisciplinary team (including ancillary andclinical support staff) within the area for which they areaccountable - Maternity Assessment Unit (MAU)
Act as a champion for the use of Birmingham Symptom specific Obstetric Triage System (BSOTS) ensuring compliance with timely triage and assessment.
To act as an expert clinical practitioner providing personally andthrough their ward team, an excellent quality of care to patientsand service users.
Act as a clinical and managerial role model within the ward team,CMG and across the wider organisation.
Provide a supportive environment for all students and learners onplacement within the ward/unit for which they are responsible.Person SpecificationTraining & QualificationsEssential
- Registered Midwife
- Recognised NMC Teaching and Assessing Qualification or equivalent
- Evidence of Post registration continuing development
- Degree in midwifery or health related subject
- Clinical Leadership Programme
- Evidence of innovation and achievements in Clinical Practice
- Demonstrates knowledge of clincial risk management
- Professional clinical experience in appropriate speciality
Communication and relationshipEssential
- Development of multi-disciplinary working practices
Analytical & Judgement skillsEssential
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience of liasing with multi-disciplinary team
- Participation in formal and informal teaching
- Committed to the development of staff
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritise and implement and use new ways of working
- Knowledge of budgetary management
- Demonstrates understanding of efficient and effective use of resources where the workload can be unpredictable
- Good understanding of clinical governance
- Knowledge of current national documents and policies and the role of the Ward Manager in their implementation
- Computer literate
- Demonstrates high level of clincial experitse
- Demonstrates understanding of current issues relating to the NHS
Planning & organisation skillsEssential
- Audit experience/research skills
- Experience of Patient and Public Involvement in Service Delivery
- Knowledge of budgetary management
- Ability to prioritise
- Use initiative and has the ability to lead and co-ordinate a multi-disciplinary team
- Dynamic, challenging individual, able to lead a team
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Professional at all times
- Self motivated and able to motivate others
- Calm and objective
University Hospitals of Leicester NHS TrustAddress
Leicester Royal Infirmary
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.