How would you like to work as part of a high performing Health Visiting Service in the beautiful county of Buckinghamshire?An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Health Visitor to join Aylesbury Health Visiting team.Main duties of the job
Bespoke training will provide support and ensure competencies within the role. You will be pro-active, have good communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrate an understanding of the public health role within health visiting.An induction programme will be provided for successful candidate to support their transition into the community health visiting team. Candidates do not need to have experience of working within the health visiting service but do require knowledge and understanding of the current health visiting service and safeguarding practice. The successful applicant may have the opportunity to apply for Health Visitor training.
To meet the requirements of this post you are required to be able to drive between different community localities.About us
Listen to why colleagues think we are a great place to work! - https://bit.ly/3DNEQfD What does Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust offer you?
As part of our BHT family, you'll benefit from learning and development opportunities to support your career progression.
We offer flexible and agile working opportunities, alongside your NHS benefits of generous annual leave entitlement, pension and access to NHS discount schemes.
We provide a range of health and wellbeing services to promote a healthy, happy workforce. Why work for us?
We're committed to promoting inclusion and making sure all colleagues feel they belong. We encourage new colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
As an employer, we aim to create a workplace where differences are valued and colleagues treat one another with dignity and respect.
Greater diversity within our BHT family improves positive outcomes for the people and communities we serve. What do we stand for?
Our vision is to provide outstanding care, support healthy communities and be a great place to work.
Our mission is to provide personal and compassionate care every time.
Our CARE values are collaborate, aspire, respect and enable.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For a comprehensive list of responsibilities and duties, please kindly refer to the Job Description and Person Specification by downloading the JD and PS attachment in the advert. Person SpecificationEducation & QualificationsEssential
- Registered general nurse
- Mentorship or ENB 998
Skills, abilities & knowledgeEssential
- Leadership at the Point of Care, or other leadership training
- Staff Appraisal Training
- Works to evidence-based practice
- Awareness of interagency collaboration
- Computer skills
- Ability to identify families with complex health needs
- Experience of undertaking staff appraisals
- Participation in Specialist projects
- Can demonstrate working to scope of Professional Practice
- Able to demonstrate clinically effective practice with children and families
- Experience of mentoring preregistration students
- Knowledge of current issues which impact on Professional Practice
- Able to evaluate and audit practice to help achieve positive health outcomes
- Work within local and National Frameworks for implementing Clinical Governance
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to travel to a range of community sites across the County daily
Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Stoke Mandeville Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.