An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Community Mental Health Practitioner to join our Community Mental Health Team based at Acomb Health Centre, to work with older people with mental health problems within the community setting and to contribute to service development.Main duties of the job
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced practitioner to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in the historic location of York. As a senior practitioner you will have a genuine interest in collaborative working with older adults experiencing functional and/or organic mental health problems including their Carers and families.
As a registered professional this is an ideal opportunity for someone who wants to develop their leadership and clinical skills in a community setting. As a core member of the team, you will also be responsible for your own caseload, providing assessments, care co-ordination and delivering intervention in the community with people who have complex needs ranging from mild to moderate level of need to severe and enduring level of need and complexity. You will demonstrate excellent assessment skills, interpersonal, and team working skills and be able to work collaboratively with a range of statutory and third sector agencies.
You will have an enthusiastic approach towards your own personal and professional development. In return, you will receive regular appraisal, clinical, management and caseload supervision and will benefit from the support of an experienced and committed multi-disciplinary leadership team, including the Team Manager and the Advanced Practitioner.About us
The vacancy is based at Acomb Health Centre in York. We are a community service that works across two sites with a team also based within Selby. The team are committed to providing excellent evidence based quality care to older adults. There is an identified need to offer flexible support to our other community teams within our locality. It is imperative that the successful candidate has a flexible pro-active approach to their person centred practice.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Applicants must be capable of independent travel by car, in order to complete home visits.
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification for further detailed information to ensure that you meet the role criteria before applying.
Additional contact details: Sally-Anne Murfitt Advanced Nurse Practitioner 01904 752 180Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Current professional registration with an approved professional body.
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development.
- Recognised sign-off mentor, clinical educator or equivalent. Must be achieved within agreed timescale.
- For registered nurses: MIP, FLIP, ENB 998 Teaching & Assessing in Clinical Practice or City & Guilds 730 Teaching in Adult Education.
- Key skills in literacy, numeracy and ITQ level 2 (or equivalent)
- Leadership or management qualification
- Post-graduate qualification in a relevant area
- Significant experience working with people with mental ill health in a care environment.
- Working collaboratively with service users and their families/carers.
- Providing clinical supervision to individuals or groups as professionally appropriate.
- Mentoring or facilitating students on practice placement.
- Leadership or management experience
- Significant experience working with people with mental ill health in a community environment.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Demonstrable knowledge to post-graduate level of evidence-based practice in caring for patients in the designated field.
- Understanding of relevant legislation (e.g. Mental Health Act, Mental Capacity Act).
- Care Programme Approach and its application in practice.
- Clinical Risk Assessment and Management and its application in practice.
Tees Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Acomb Health Centre
1 Beech Grove
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.