We have an exciting new post within Education and are seeking highly motivated, knowledgeable individual, with experience in managing complex medical equipment, to the position of Education for Medical Devices. You will have extensive clinical skills, experience of delivering teaching, excellent communication skills and a high level of accuracy.
This is an exciting opportunity to support the delivery of essential education across BTHFT, working as part of a dynamic and friendly education team. The post is a dual role focussing on the management of medical devices and utilising your clinical experience to support the delivery of multi professional education. You will work in partnership with the medical engineering team. There will be training and development opportunities in place to support the development of your skills as this new role grows and education services continues to advance.Main duties of the job
If you are passionate about medical devices and education and keen to make a real difference to improving the quality of services for our patients, you may be just the person we are looking for.
For further information or to arrange an informal chat please liaise with
John Lynch: Education Lead - Medical Devices - firstname.lastname@example.org
We can offer staff gymnasiums on both hospital sites, excellent pension scheme and advice on childcare. Closing Date: 22.09.23 (This date may change dependent on the response)About us
At Bradford Teaching Hospitals we're passionate about providing outstanding care for the people of the Bradford district and communities across the North of England. We're keen to meet people interested in sharing our passion and helping us continue to deliver the highest quality of care to our patients.
We're a renowned teaching hospital trust at the forefront of research, education and development, with a state-of-the-art simulation and skills training centre on site.
In short, we can help you lift your career to the next level. We've received huge investment to improve patient care which means we have truly world-class facilities including a brand new neonatal suite, state-of-the-art intensive care unit, a newly refurbished A& E department, new children's unit and a welcoming, modern atrium and reception area for staff and visitors.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached Job Description and Person Specification for more information about the role.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Significant post registration experience in healthcare profession involving direct patient contact
- Evidence of teaching and assessing in clinical settings, preferably with experience of teaching practical skills at a range of levels
- Experience of supervising and supporting learners in practice
- Experience of using/handling medical devices
- Experience of providing leadership in a clinical environment
- Experience of developing teaching and writing policies/guidelines.
- Experience of providing teaching on medical devices (Key Trainer etc)
- Presentation skills within a variety of both formal and informal settings to large groups and at different professional levels.
- Has an investigative mind, and can troubleshoot independently
- Evidence of working with medical devices
- Accurate, organised and detailed orientated
- Willing to develop own skills and knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communications including accurate report writing
- Able to identify and prioritise complex, time sensitive work and projects.
- Ability to work autonomously under own initiative as well as with the wider education team.
- Computer literate has experience in data inputting, databases and Microsoft Office software
- Able to act as a resource and demonstrate excellent negotiation skills.
- Coaching skills
- Project management skills
- Knowledge of patient safety and risk issues when using medical devices
- Awareness of current research, development and evidenced based practice
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Registered Nurse or Operating Department Practitioner
- Relevant recognised teaching/assessing qualification e.g. Practice Educator and Assessor Preparation (PEAP), SLIP, ENB 998, PGCE
- Relevant healthcare degree/or equivalent experience and willing to undertake.
- Evidence of on-going professional, personal and academic development.
Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.