We are looking for someone to join our team and help shape our NHS environment for the future. We are looking for a self-motivated individual who can bring change and be at the forefront of our ambition in this new and exciting role. The Chief Of Staff/Business Manager will be responsible for providing high level, comprehensive support to ensure the development of a professional and effective business culture - reporting directly to the CEO - and working with the corporate team.
This post will be a key support person to the office of the Chief Executive and Executive Directors. They will have overarching responsibility for managing the business processes and systems within the corporate team and for implementing programme management processes for all parts. Once systems are established and embedded within the team, there will be a need to ensure sufficient capacity to allow the Chief Executive to focus on delivering The Queen Elizabeth Hospital King's Lynn Trust strategy and Journey of Improvement.Main duties of the job
The ability to work under pressure whilst managing complex, confidential and conflicting deadlines is a key part of this role. Proactive support, attention to detail and the highest standards and inter-personal skills are always expected.
We are also looking for a team player. Reporting to the CEO, the Chief Of Staff/Business Manager will lead a secretariat team.
Office based working is aligned to the needs of the Chief Executive based on diary commitments - flexibility is essential.About us
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH) King's Lynn is located near some of the most beautiful scenery in the UK, along the north Norfolk coast, and not far from Sandringham House.
We provide a comprehensive range of specialist, acute, obstetrics and community-based healthcare services to around 331,000 people across west and north Norfolk, in addition to parts of Breckland, Cambridgeshire and South Lincolnshire.
We have more than 4,000 staff and volunteers, approximately 530 beds, and a helipad for air ambulances. We work with neighbouring hospitals for the provision of tertiary services, including as part of regional partnership and network models of care, such as the trauma network.
In February 2022 the significant progress that has been made at QEH was recognised by the Care Quality Commission who rated the Trust as 'Good' in all of the core services they inspected. They recommended the Trust moves out of the recovery support system (formerly special measures).Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for further information.
The role will require hard work and an absolute commitment to continuous improvement. If you are looking for a challenging but rewarding role and would like more information or to have an informal discussion about the role, please contact: Alice Webster Chief Executive on 01553 613741Person SpecificationQualifications/training and professional developmentEssential
- A high standard of education including GCSE's in English Language and Mathematics,
- Educated to post graduate diploma/or equivalent experience and knowledge pertinent to the post
- Advanced IT skills
- Previous experience of a range of business procedures or Completion of recognised business qualification or a graduate
- Coaching and mentoring training
Knowledge, Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- Extensive experience in the use of MS suite of programs. of Windows and Office software including: oWord oExcel oOutlook
- Proven previous experience of working in an 'E' performance and information capacity
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise workload and work under pressure
- Ability to problem solve and use initiative
- Experience of budgetary accountability and management
- Ability to work with colleagues as part of a team
- Previous experience of database management and processing
- Previous experience of project management
- Ability to analyse, interpret explain and present complex data in a meaningful, concise and relevant way
- Ability to develop Excel/generic database systems for data capture and analysis
- Knowledge of NHS data definitions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, able to compose correspondence to a wide ranging audience
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Highly developed organisational skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Able to identify critical issues and priorities and deliver targets within timescale
- Good presentation and facilitation skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Extensive knowledge of office and business administration
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital King's Lynn NHSFTAddress
Queen Elizabeth Hospital Kings Lynn
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.