To maintain the efficiency of the current network across all sites at University Hospitals Bristol and Weston, to ensure that network outages and failures are dealt with in a correct and timely manner, maintaining communication with the end users and helpdesk as appropriate. To communicate with third parties to ensure the Network develops in a controlled and appropriate fashion. To provide quotations, and advise, with regard to Network issues etc. To liaise with contractors, to ensure all works are carried out to the correct specifications and to the correct time scales. Research future networking developments and Technology's and document as appropriate.Main duties of the job
UHBW is undertaking an ambitious programme of work to deliver a range of state-of-the-art clinical IT solutions across the Trust to fully digitize our patient records and provide clinical staff with fast, simple and controlled access to patient data. Our Programme also has a strong emphasis on the sharing of health and care information across the community.
Reporting to the Trust Network Manager, you will be responsible for the configuration, installation and maintenance of Network Equipment that will underpin these clinical solutions across all UHBW sites.
Work will be mainly focused around network support and Installation, both wired and wireless, so experience with all Cisco hardware and configuration is expected, along with knowledge of Palo Alto Firewall and VPN products.
You will be part of an on-call rota providing Emergency on-site Network Support out of hours, so access to transport will be essential.About us
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW) is one of the largest acute Trusts in the country, bringing together a combined workforce of over 13,000 staff and over 100 different clinical services across 10 different sites, serving a core population of more than 500,000 people across South West England. UHBW has been rated by the CQC as 'Good' overall and our staff are proud to deliver excellent care to the people of Bristol, Weston and beyond. As a forward-thinking multi-award winning Trust and a digital exemplar committed to improving patient care, our world-leading research and innovations are having a positive local and global impact. Our hospitals are spread across Bristol and Weston, join us and you can enjoy the very best of both worlds city living within a stone's throw of the countryside or beside the seaside, both with easy access to all that the South West has to offer. UHBW is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. As an equal opportunities employer actively working towards a diverse workforce we aim to recruit and retain a workforce which represents the rich diversity of the local population at all levels and are committed to designing our services around the needs of individual patients and those around them. Anonymous information will be used from your application in order to ensure we're meeting our pledge.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For a more detailed job description and main responsibilities, please refer to the job description document attached to this vacancy.Person SpecificationQualifications and TrainingEssential
- CISCO CCNA or 4 years relevant practical experience
- Microsoft Windows Qualification or 4 years relevant experience
- CISCO Wireless training or Relevant Understanding or Experience
Knowledge and ExperienceEssential
- Palo Alto Firewall training and relevant experience
- Cisco ISE training or relevant experience
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- A working knowledge of LAN and WAN communication protocols including TCP/IP
- An understanding of configuring network devices including Firewalls
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in an IT environment, preferably networking
- Experience of Managing the deployment of Complex IT Solutions
- Proven experience of dealing with internal and external providers of technical support
- Provide technical support, advice and training to other engineers
- Experience of liaising with a wide range of professions and departments from a non IM& T background
- Ability to work in a structured project management method, to achieve goals
- A working knowledge of UTP and fibre optic cable installations and a proven ability to patch neatly
- A good working knowledge of the Data Protection Act and GDPR
- A proven ability to troubleshoot and diagnose network faults
- The ability to install, configure and document the details of switches, routers, firewalls and wireless infrastructure.
- An awareness of the need for network security
- The ability to demonstrate good communication skills - written and oral
- Good organisational skills
- Must be able to work under pressure, to meet National, Trust, and Departmental timescales
- Must be able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to access transport
- Flexibility in terms of working hours and willing to participate in an on call rota
- To work in a multi-site environment
- The willingness to undertake further training
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW)Address
Bristol Royal Infirmary
40 Southwell Street
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.