Advanced Clinical Practitioner
Older Peoples Continuing Care (OPCC) based on Fayrewood ward Poole hospital.
This is an exciting opportunity for an Advanced Clinical Practitioners to join a forward thinking, innovative, supportive and autonomous team within Older Peoples Continuing Care at University Hospitals Dorset on Fayrewood ward at Poole Hospital. Fayrewood ward recent relocated to Poole hospital as part of the transformational process and will remain in Poole once the process is complete
We are looking for a dynamic, compassionate individual to support our multi-disciplinary team in the assessment and on-going management of older people within a Nurse Consultant led environment delivering care and treatment for those medically ready to leave hospital but awaiting social care or rehabilitation services. You will need to be confident and have experience in managing the deteriorating patient as there will be those situations when patients are no longer medically ready for discharge and therefore require acute assessment and care. Base Location: Poole Interview Date: TBCMain duties of the job
You will need to demonstrate the necessary skills to deliver services to patients with a wide range of complex clinical needs including frailty. Ideally, you will have undertaken a postgraduate qualification in Advanced Clinical Practice, have prior experience of working in an advanced practice role including autonomously assessing and examining patients, decision making and independently prescribing. Patients on OPCC wards are mostly medically stable but will require autonomous management if they become unwell, you will be experienced in managing and making appropriate decisions for acutely unwell patients. You will be used to working in an environment with an uncertain workload and have good organizational skills and flexibility, as well as a keen desire to contribute to improving services. Some evidence of service improvement would be beneficial.
Comprehensive induction and orientation will be provided to the right candidate who can support the delivery of high-quality care whilst pushing the boundaries of clinical practice for the benefit of our Older Patients.
The ward Advanced practitioner cover is currently Monday to Friday 8am -6pm, you would be based on Fayrewood ward at Poole hospital but occasional cover to the other OPCC wards both at Poole and Bournemouth hospitals would be expected.
The position is a whole time equivalent post but we would consider 30 hours as a minimum.
Interview Date: TBCAbout us
UHD are investing in services across the Trust, with many being transformed and developed following merger and the New Hospital Programme.
In some cases this means that a services may move site this year or next, either temporarily or long term. Recruiting Managers interviewing for this role will be happy to answer any specific questions that you have at interview. Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To understand the role in more detail please read the full job description and person specification documents which are attached to this advert.Person SpecificationKnowledgeEssential
Desirable Technical Skills CompetenciesEssential
- Demonstrable theoretical and practical knowledge of older persons nursing in an acute/non acute setting
- Conversant with Interventions/ treatments/complications and management of acute multipathlogy within older people who present in the acute setting
- Legal/professional/ethical issues of advanced practice
- Advanced communication skills using range of methods e.g. verbal, written, report writing, record keeping
- Computer literacy with a wide range of software, databases and spreadsheets
- Evidence of acquisition and maintenance of advanced clinical skills s
- Physical assessment and non-medical prescribing skills
- Ability to analyse and interpret complex information
- Presentation skills
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Project & change management skills
- Proven leadership ability
- Demonstrable experience in older persons specialty
- Teaching & developing staff
- Evidence of managing patients with Frailty and continuing care needs
- Research & audit
- Managing change
- Service /practice development
- Developing policies & protocols
- Experience of autonomous practice
- Leading and managing staff
- NMC registered Nurse/HCPC Registered Clinician
- Recognised teaching qualification
- PG Dip or Masters level Advanced Clinical Practitioner course
- Non-Medical Prescribing
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Leadership & management course
University Hospitals Dorset NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.