This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and enthusiastic Senior Physiotherapist to lead our new Virtual Ward Physiotherapy Team aligned to our Primary Care Clusters. You will be part of a wider multidisciplinary team, providing holistic, high quality care through rapid assessment, reducing hospital admissions and facilitating discharges from acute hospital sites. Effective partnership working will be essential across the whole patient pathway.
Candidates will have broad clinical experience and an ability to adapt current skills to a varied population. Knowledge and experience of the use of outcome measures and service development tools is required.
We are seeking an excellent communicator and collaborative team worker with a desire to lead, innovate and inspire their team to deliver the best possible patient care.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.Main duties of the job
- Provision of Professional leadership for the physiotherapy team, ensuring the delivery of safe and effective care across the patient pathway that is evidence based and in line with recognised best practice.
- Monitoring physiotherapy adherence to National standards, policies and protocols and guidelines including evaluation and audit.
- Ensure the physiotherapy teams adhere to the Health Board and Departmental Clinical Governance agenda
- Work to ensure the Physiotherapy Service is compliant with all key indicators and datasets
- Contribute to and delivering any planned or future service redesign
- Contribute specific clinical physiotherapy expertise and also represent the Physiotherapy Service at SBUHB meetings. The post holder would also be expected to attend National and International forums providing a highly specialist resource for other therapy, nursing and medical professionals
- Ensure the development and implementation of relevant strategies both locally and nationally ensuring that National and local priorities are met as well as ensuring quality of care across the patient pathway.
- Regularly undertake, co-ordinate and implement research and development activity within the physiotherapy team.
We believe staff are our best asset and wewant you to be happy and confident about starting your career here in Swansea Bay University Health Board.
As one of the biggest healthcare groups in the UK we can offer a wealth of professional training and development opportunities in an innovative, forward-thinking organisation.
You might be a nurse ordoctor, maybe you specialise in a health science/therapy or can offer skills in one of our support services - wehave a job for you.
There are also apprenticeships, work placementsand volunteering roles available.
We are an inclusive employer and welcome applications from everyone whatever their sex religion or belief race age sexual orientation gender identity or, whether they are pregnant or have recently been on maternity leave, married or are in a civil partnership or, whether they are disabled.
Our values - Caring For Each Other, Working Together and Always Improving, show thatour commitment to equality is at the heart of everything we do.
If you want excellent career and training opportunities while living on the doorstep of some of Europe's most spectacular scenery,with all the benefits of a thriving and cosmopolitan city - look no further.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Person SpecificationQualifications and/or KnowledgeEssential
- ClinicalResponsible for planning, delivering, managing and evaluating the specialist physiotherapy service which involves working with patients across the patient pathway.Utilise highly specialist knowledge to treat and manage a highly complex caseload with the freedom to act in interpreting National professional policies for the physiotherapy management of patients.
- Conduct highly specialist assessments utilising a high level of diagnostic skills, underpinned with highly developed theoretical knowledge and practical experience, clinical reasoning and problem solving skills. Leading to analysis and judgement of highly complex patient condition with the appropriate provision of treatment plan of individual interventions according to the diagnosis, and individual needs of the patient.
- Carry out autonomously planned intervention requiring advanced clinical experience and anatomical and physiological knowledge and advanced clinic and technical skills requiring a high degree of precision.
- Liaison with community and other agencies to arrange appropriate patient support services.
- Link with Physiotherapists across Wales and South West Network giving advice and make recommendations for the future rehabilitation management and therapeutic needs of individual patients.
- Act as a specialist advisory resource for clinical and managerial advice on the management of complex/ challenging patients for MDT colleagues within the Health Board.
- Be actively involved in the clinical decision making of discharging patients from in patient wards and also from outpatient environment at an appropriate time.
- Undertake safe manual handling procedures with knowledge of specialist handling techniques and equipment.
- Maintain the patient medical records, documenting assessments and interventions carried out during Physiotherapy and record personally generated information.
- ProfessionalImplement departmental, Health Board and National policies and procedures and monitor physiotherapy adherence to National standards, policies and protocols and guidelines including evaluation and audit.
- Ensure adherence to health and safety guidelines within clinical area, updating and adjusting as necessary.
- Maintain professional registration. Adhere to the Professional codes of ethics and professional conduct.
- Active participation in CPD to continue to improve advanced clinical knowledge, skills and effectiveness. To facilitate CPD of other team members.
- Promote an environment in which quality standards of clinical care can develop and be maintained.
- Service DeliveryResponsible for planning, delivering, managing and evaluating the specialist service of Physiotherapy which involves working with patients across the patient pathway
- Ensure that the provision and delivery of the Physiotherapy across the patient pathway is evidence based and in line with recognised best practice.
- Ensure the development and implementation of applicable strategies both locally and nationally ensuring that National and local priorities are met as well as ensuring quality of care across the patient pathway.
- Depending on job role there may be an expectation to contribute to existing and developing services including 7 day and on call services.
- Implement the clinical governance agenda and ensure delivery of evidence based Physiotherapy services in line with best practice.
- Regularly evaluate effectiveness of physiotherapy and patient outcomes, and develop service in order to improve effectiveness and outcomes.
- Take the physiotherapy lead for identified clinical area of physiotherapy services,
- Proposing changes and development of local and National/ International protocols and procedures, following appropriate research.
- Provide Professional leadership for the physiotherapy team within this clinical area
- Communicate effectively with patients/carers, demonstrating empathy and understanding of individual patient needs.
- Communicate role and purpose of physiotherapy clearly to patients and/or carers.
- Communicate details of their conditions and results of assessments to patients/carers.
- Develop intervention plans in partnership with patient.
- Provide written evidence to the team of current functional abilities and guidance on potential future management to optimise functional outcome.
- Communicate with team and partner agencies as required, regarding individual patients with complex needs
- Promote awareness of the role and function of physiotherapy within the MDT.
- Education and Training
- Identify personal training needs, undertake regular CPD and participate in Individual Performance Review and clinical supervision
- Delivers specialist training and provides individual development programs of training relevant to clinical experience/ expertise.
- Physiotherapy Degree/ Diploma & HPC registration
- Evidence of attendance on specialist short courses and relevant post-graduate training in area of clinical expertise, equivalent to masters level
- Advanced knowledge of working as a Physiotherapy working in the NHS with knowledge of service delivery in a variety of different clinical settings across the patient pathway Supervision of physiotherapy staff and students
- Knowledge of interdisciplinary working, partnership working and ability to build and sustain relationships with AHPs from different disciplines
Ability to speak WelshEssential Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- Advanced experience of working as a Physiotherapist with experience of service delivery in a variety of different clinical settings across the patient pathway
- Experience of leading a project, developing a new service, or service/ or practice innovation Experience of leading an audit and research project
Swansea Bay University Health BoardAddress
Neath Port Talbot
Baglan Way, Port Talbot SA12 7BX
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.