Team QEH are searching for midwives passionate and experienced in Intrapartum Care to join our team as a Delivery Suite Co-Ordinator. Applicants could be currently be working as a Delivery Suite Co-Ordinator, or be a midwife looking to further their career and become a Co-Ordinator, either way we would welcome your application.
We offer a warm, welcoming, supportive team who truly care about women's experience of pregnancy, birth, and early parenthood. We strive to continually build on our service to meet the changing needs of our women and families. We also recognise and reflect national initiatives such as the Maternity Transformation Programme and we look forward to welcoming our new team members and their experience and skills in our journey to achieving this.Main duties of the job
We are seeking to recruit a highly motivated, dynamic individual who can inspire and lead a team on a shift-by-shift basis. As a Delivery Suite Co-ordinator there is the expectation you will strive to support the team to provide high quality, compassionate safe midwifery care, whilst having an overarching view of activity and acuity within our maternity services. Those appointed to the role will also be required to undertake some shifts within our newly opened Maternity Triage Unit.
A successful candidate would bring to the role:
- A commitment to providing high standard safe midwifery care, inspiring those around them to do the same.
- An enthusiasm to continuous improvement demonstrated through innovation and creativity.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as being able to work well as a pivotal member of the multi-disciplinary team.
Our commitment to the successful candidate/s is to invest in them to develop and fulfil all their potential as a Delivery Suite Co-Ordinator with mentoring and regular one to one's, access to continued professional development and a robust training package.About us
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH) King's Lynn is located near some of the most beautiful scenery in the UK, along the north Norfolk coast, and not far from Sandringham House.
We provide a comprehensive range of specialist, acute, obstetrics and community-based healthcare services to around 331,000 people across west and north Norfolk, in addition to parts of Breckland, Cambridgeshire and South Lincolnshire.
We have more than 4,000 staff and volunteers, approximately 530 beds, and a helipad for air ambulances. We work with neighbouring hospitals for the provision of tertiary services, including as part of regional partnership and network models of care, such as the trauma network.
In February 2022 the significant progress that has been made at QEH was recognised by the Care Quality Commission who rated the Trust as 'Good' in all of the core services they inspected. They recommended the Trust moves out of the recovery support system (formerly special measures).Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To lead on a shift by shift basis the clinical running of maternity inpatient services, escalating to the senior leaders as appropriate.
Please see attached job description for further details.Person SpecificationQualifications/training and professional developmentEssential
- Registered Midwife
- Degree / Diploma in Midwifery and evidence of Continued Professional Development
- SSSA Practice Assessor/ Mentorship qualification
- NIPE qualification
- Prompt Trainer/NLS trainer
- Managerial Training Courses
- Root cause analysis trained
Skills, abilities, and knowledgeEssential
- Knowledge and experience of risk management including experience in incident investigations
- Experience of implementing change in service provision
- Experience of managing employee relations issues
- Experience of guideline development and review
- Experience of participation in clinical audit
- Ability to practice clinically in all areas of a fully integrated maternity service promoting excellence in clinical practice
- High level decision making and organisational skills
- Ability to co-ordinate, influence and liaise within a multi- disciplinary team
- Ability to demonstrate evidence-based practice and a woman centred approach to care provision
- Ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Computer literate, including use and management of databases
- Knowledge of statutory regulations governing midwifery
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Working knowledge of clinical governance
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital King's Lynn NHSFTAddress
Queen Elizabeth Hospital Kings Lynn
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.