Are you a talented mental health nurse looking for a new role? Are you interested in working with an outstanding Trust to develop and deliver community treatment in mental health?
We are seeking to recruit to our friendly Adult Community Mental Health Service (ACMHS) Team based in North West Hertfordshire (Dacorum).
Here's what our staff say about working in the team:
The team is great ?
The team does make me feel welcome and part of the team ?
I have been working as a STAR Worker in the Dacorum Adult Community Mental Health Team for just over two years. I have never worked with a more friendly and approachable team, and my colleagues are among the best I have ever worked with. Everybody goes out of their way to support each other, which I have never found in any other workplace. I have been offered many chances to improve my skills and further my career, namely being put forward for a Nursing Degree Apprenticeship, which has opened a world of opportunity for me. I highly recommend working within this team.
Please contact John Woodward on 07796 261057 for an informal chat or to arrange a visit. We look forward to hearing from you!Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will:
- be responsible for the clinical and operational day to day service delivery
- ensure that an individualised comprehensive assessment and Care Management service is effectively delivered
- supervise junior nursing staff and students
- provide effective liaison/communication throughout the care pathway to service users, their carers and others
- respond sensitively to all needs especially in highly emotive settings
In return, we can offer you:
- leadership and management training
- 5% on top of basic salary high cost allowance supplement (subject to a minimum and a maximum payment pro rata)
- 27 days holiday rising to 33 days (depending on NHS Trust service) plus bank holidays (pro rata where applicable)
- One of the UK's best pension schemes
- Special leave for family and personal reasons
- NHS Car Lease Scheme (for substantive staff)
- Employee Assistance Programme
We are one of just five mental health trusts to achieve an overall rating of 'Outstanding' from theCare Quality Commission
Our family of over 3500 members of staff provide health and social care for people with mental ill health, physical ill health and learning disabilities across Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire, and Norfolk, delivering these services within the community and several inpatient settings. Everything is underpinned by choice, independence and equality, with our Trust values embedded throughout: Welcoming. Kind. Positive. Respectful. Professional.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be responsible for the clinical and operational dayto day service delivery ensuring that an individualised comprehensive assessment and Care Management service is effectively delivered.
Responsibilities include the clinical and operational supervision ofjunior nursing staff and students as delegated by the team manager.
To be accountable for delivering a quality services that is effective and efficient in line with the organisations objectives and performance indicators
To contribute to strategic service development working collaboratively with other agencies. For a more indepth person and job description please read the attached before applying Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- RMN or Dip/Bsc (Hons) in Mental Health Nursing
- ENB 998/Preceptorship and Mentorship
- ENB 812/Bsc in Specialist Community Nursing Practice (Mental Health).
- Psychosocial interventions
- Experience of working in a range of settings relevant to the post
- Extensive post registration experience inclusive of Band 5 experience
- Experience of working in acute mental health inpatient/day care services
- Experience of working in situations of crisis and emotionally demanding environments
- Experience and knowledge of safeguarding process
- Experience of teaching and training
- Experience and knowledge of working in a multi-ethnic community
- Experience of delivering evidence based care
- Experience of working with acute mental health problems in a community setting.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Up to date knowledge of relevant legislation, ethical issues, strategic frameworks and current guidelines regarding the range of presenting problems in adult mental health, their implications for both practices and clinical management
Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Marlowes Health & Wellbeing Centre
39-41 The Marlowes
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.