Could you be our new District Nurse looking for a new challenge? As a Registered Nurse working towards or with the obtained Specialist Practitioner Qualification in District Nursing you will lead a community nursing team within a multi professional environment.
You will require excellent communication skills, the courage to make decisions which will help shape future care and a willingness to develop your potential. You will require current NMC registration as a Registered Nurse, a sound knowledge of evidence-based care and best practice, evidence of post-registration development and community nursing experience, plus the ability to work over a shift system which includes early and late shifts across seven days including weekends and Bank Holidays. A valid UK driving licence plus the use of own transport for business purposes is essential.
We are a fully integrated service working with multi- disciplinary colleagues in an Integrated Community Team aligned to Primary Care Networks, to deliver care around the placed based model fit for the future .Main duties of the job
- To Practice as a senior member of the community nursing team, working within the Integrated Community Teams (ICTs)
- To provide a case management approach to care for an identified number of patients working closely with GPs, the ICTs and other Statutory and Voluntary agencies.
- To provide advice, information and education to patients and carers with the aim of enabling patients to enjoy maximum independence, health and wellbeing.
- To creatively manage the holistic and clinical needs of patients with acute, sub-acute and long-term conditions,
- To enable patients living long term physical health challenges to live well within their communities, with a focus on not only their physical health needs but also their wider holistic needs, e.g. mental health, learning disabilities, psychological needs, social needs and spiritual needs.
At Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust, we are supportive of the people we care for in the community and aim to provide a fully responsive service to everyone who needs it. This is the same approach we take for our employees. We look to value the skills and experiences of those we work with, whether they are service users, carers, families or those looking to work with us.
Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust is part of the NHS. We treat NHS patients according to NHS principles and standards. The difference is the Trust is accountable to local people, rather than to Government, and so we are able to work closely with our community to develop services in the way that best suits the needs of local people.
Our Staff Survey results showed people at our Trust feel they are engaged, part of a team and work for a compassionate and inclusive organisation.
Our overall scores were better than average in eight of nine themes and level in one - the best overall results for a community, mental health and learning disabilities Trust in the south west and first equal amongst all sector NHS providers within the region too.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Gloucestershire Health and Care is committed to embedding and providing personalised care through all of its services as part of our high-quality care strategy. The purpose of personalised care is to empower people to lead the lives they want to live. Personalised care starts with a conversation with people about what matters to them. It builds on what people can do, as well as addressing their health needs. Including new ways of working and delivering care, emphasising that we need to make effective use of the full range of our peoples skills and experience to deliver the best possible patient care. So we want to know What Matters to You and that you will share our values and join us on this very important journey. The qualification, training & experience requirements for the role are underlined in the Job Description/Person Specification. Please refer to the Additional Information attachment before submitting your application. Person SpecificationQUALIFICATIONSEssential
LENGTH AND / OR NATURE OF EXPERIENCEEssential
- Registered Nurse (Adult / RGN)
- Current NMC registration
- Specialist Practitioner qualification in Community/ District Nursing is essential at diploma or degree level
- Facilitating learning and assessment in practice (FLAP), ENB 998 or equivalent mentoring and assessing qualification.
- Experience of working without direct supervision
- Consolidated experience of community nursing practice
- Experience of managing long term conditions and case management of complex patients
- Experience of delivering extended role clinical interventions
- Evidence of post-registration education & training.
PROFESSIONAL / MANAGERIAL / SPECIALIST KNOWLEDGEEssential
- Holistic health assessment course (or equivalent)
- Non-medical prescribing course at V100, V150 or V300 levels
- Experience of leading a team
- Ability to work on own initiative, assess patients competently and link with colleagues in the wider MDT to tailor plans of care
- Ability to effectively manage the workload, prioritise and delegate to manage capacity and demand
- Ability to liaise effectively within the Primary Health Care Team and with other professionals / agencies and lead others to work in the same proactive manner
- Effective written , oral communication skills
- Knowledge of safeguarding procedures
Employer detailsEmployer name
- An understanding of national policy in relation to community nursing
- Up to date clinical knowledge including risk assessment
- Knowledge of health coaching techniques to engage patient participation and outcome
Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Independent Living Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.