To work in conjunction with other members of the District Nursing Team and other Stakeholders, toprovide efficient and effective nursing care to patients in their own homesTo be responsible for the management and supervision of the nursing team, in the absence of the DistrictNurse, including the supervision of Junior Staff.Main duties of the jobCommunity Staff Nurses Parkway Health Centre 37.5 hours - Full time only All candidates must have a clean UK driving license and use of a car for work purposes
We are Transforming Adult Community Services in Croydon. Do you have the skills to be part of this exciting transformation?
In Croydon, Health and Social care providers and commissioners have formed the Croydon Alliance Board with the aim of providing a whole system transformation that will deliver outcomes our over 65's have specified they want.
The Outcome Based Commissioning programme is a radically different approach to funding and delivery of services designed to deliver outcomes that local people want whilst getting best value from Health and the Social Care sector. This includes the provision of well coordinated care and support in order to promote independence in the most appropriate care setting.
We have exciting opportunities for highly motivated, enthusiastic Registered Adult Nurses to work within our Integrated Care Teams.
We offer a comprehensive induction programme, preceptorship , Clinical Supervision and excellent on going professional development opportunities for an enhanced career progression.
Once recruited staff can take advantage of our child care facilities.About us
Croydon Health Services NHS Trust provide hospital and community services from a number of community and specialist clinics throughout Croydon.
These include:o Croydon University Hospital o Purley Hospital o The Sickle Cell and Thalassaemia Centre in Thornton Heath o Community bases at Purley, Sanderstead, New Addington, Broad Green, Woodside o A minor injuries unit in New Addington The Trust was formed on 1st August 2010 through the integration of Croydon Community Health Services and Mayday Healthcare NHS Trust. Around 3,500 staff provide services for a population of over 360,000 people who are relatively young with a high level of ethnic diversity.Our Vision:Excellent integrated care for you and your family, when and where you need itOur 5 key 'Here for you' promises to the people of Croydon are:o You feel cared for by helpful and welcoming staff o You feel in safe hands with highly professional staff o You feel confident in your treatment from skilled teams of compassionate clinicians o You feel we value your time with convenient appointments, minimal waiting and care closer to homeo You feel it's getting better all the time as we continue to improve our services
We are one of 17 Trusts in the country who have been accepted as national pioneers on staff engagement and empowerment, through the adoption of Listening into Action as a new way of working. The approach we are taking to Listening into Action is new and different.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached supporting Job Description and Person Specification documents which contain more information about the role .
For further information on the role , kindly contact Aisha NakaianziPerson SpecificationEducation and EducationEssential
- Registered General Nurse or
- NMC Register part 1 - Adult
Knowledge and UnderstandingEssential
- Post registration qualification
- Mentorship for Practice course
- Awareness of current issues and developments in community Care
- Adherence to NMC Code of Conduct.
- Knowledge and understanding of the principles and benefits of Reflective practice
- Able to demonstrate the role of the community staff Nurse
- Previous experience of community nursing
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of an effective team
- Ability to manage own workload
- Able to use own initiative.
- Ability to maintain accurate records
- Knowledge and awareness of principles of Audit and research
- Demonstrate an awareness of the complex issues involved when working across organisations and disciplines.
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience of multidisciplinary working including effective liaison with members of the multidisciplinary team
- Ability to give appropriate accurate feedback
- Ability to work within own limitations
- IT literate e.g. Word processing and email.
- Knowledge and awareness of process of managing complaints
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Valid full UK driving licence
- Access to a car for work purposes
- Ability to work flexible hours including Weekends and Bank Holidays.
Croydon University Hospital NHS TrustAddress
Parkway Health Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.