To provide expert, evidence based care to patients within thespecialty. To be in charge of the theatre area/s as allocated. To take responsibility for lead roles within the theatre environment as identified by the senior theatre team.Main duties of the jobBand 6 Anaesthetic Senior Staff Nurse/ODP ST JAMES Theatres
We have 33 operating theatres between St. Georges and Queen Mary's Hospitals. Our staff work in teams and we are committed to keeping our focus on giving Outstanding Care, Every Time to our patients.
We are looking for enthusiastic RN/ODP who are interested in gaining further leadership and management skills in this innovative and busy specialties.
Successful post holder will already possess excellent communication skills and enjoy working in a small, busy and dedicated team. You will need to be RN or Registered ODP with a minimum of 2 years' experience in anaesthetics at B5 level with some paediatric experiance is preferred.
The successful applicant will be expected to support their Band 7 Team Leader through effective leadership and management of the team and the ability to prioritise and organise the day to day running of theatres. A positive approach which focuses on supporting and motivating others is essential as well as ability to challenge a poor practice and behaviours.
This position will require someone that is confident in their knowledge and delivery of excellence in every aspect of patient care and day to day leadership. They will be visible and assertive figure for staff, patients and relatives and able to demonstrate commitment to delivering a safe, high quality current evidence based practice.About us
With nearly 9,000 dedicated staff caring for patients,Their main site, St George's Hospital in Tooting - one of the country's principal teaching hospitals - is shared with St George's, University of London, which trains medical students and carries out advanced medical research. St George's Hospital also hosts the St George's, University of London and Kingston University Faculty of Health and Social Care Sciences, which is responsible for training a wide range of healthcare professionals from across the region.As well as acute hospital services, they provide a wide variety of specialist care and a full range of community services to patients of all ages following integration with Community Services Wandsworth in 2010.. A large number of services, such as cardiothoracic medicine and surgery, neurosciences , vascular surgery and renal transplantation, also cover significant populations from Surrey and Sussex, .The trust also provides care for patients from a larger catchment area in southeast England, for specialties such as complex pelvic trauma. Other services treat patients from all over the country, such as family HIV care and bone marrow transplantation for non-cancer diseases. The trust also provides a nationwide state-of-the-art endoscopy training centre.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached supporting document which contains more and the person specification for this role.Person SpecificationQualifications & ExperienceEssential
- RN / ODP
- Minimum of 2 years post-registration experience in neuro theatres
- Relevant post registration qualification [for RN]
- Demonstrate an awareness of professional responsibilities.
- Advanced studies leading to BSc or evidence of further professional development.
- Mentorship module or working towards
- Leadership/Management course
- Demonstrate an ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care according to individual needs.
- Demonstrate an ability to effectively prioritise and organise own workload and workload of others.
- High standard of verbal and written communication skills
- Evidence of implementing innovation in practice.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Enthusiasm for specialty.
- Demonstrates caring and sensitive approach.
- Adaptable and responsive to changing needs.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to deal with stress in self and others.
St George's Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
St George's Hospitals
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.