The post holder will provide leadership and management to nursing staff providing care to patients within the Sheffield Kidney institute, Sheffield satellite unit. They will also provide 24 hours continuing responsibility for Sheffield satellite Unit whether on duty or not.
They will ensure that the highest possible quality care is delivered within the renal unit F Floor and that it meets the expectations of individual patients.Main duties of the job
Promote high quality care, ensuring individual patients needs are assessed, care planned, implemented and evaluated regularly. Care will be patient centred and patients will be encouraged to participate in the planning of their care using evidence based research practices.
Exercise judgement in assessing wide ranging and complex patient problems. Agree solutions, ensure and promote options to enable the delivery of optimum patient care
Act sensitively, confidentially and with empathy in demonstrating understanding of wide ranging physical and emotional needs. Take the lead in managing contentious, sensitive and delicate issues with patients, their relatives and staffAbout us
Sheffield Teaching hospitals is an organisation that thrives to give the best care for the patients that we serve.
High standards of care are expected by the patients and delivered accordingly by the teams.
Supporting the PROUD values continually in all aspects of the care/ work within the organisation.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease view the attached Job Description and Person Specification documents for full details regarding this post. When completing your application please ensure that you clearly demonstrate how you meet the role criteria.Person SpecificationEssentil and desirableEssential
- RGN Level one
- NMC registered
- To have completed the national PEAP programme for practice supervisors or equivalent teaching and assessing qualification for those with ENB998.
- First degree or evidence of working towards one (demonstrating graduate attributes)
- Non medical prescribing course (NMP
- Continuous professional development
- Extensive post registration experience currently in an Haemodialysis /renal environment
- Relevant experience at junior sister/ charge nurse role: in renal/haemodialysis
- Up to date competencies: management of the patient on haemodialysis treatment
- Cares about and knows the importance of doing the right thing and making a difference. Possesses a straight talking and honest, whilst being diplomatic
Employer detailsEmployer name
- APACS course /working towards
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.