SHYPS is a newly formed network that provides a pathology service to Scarborough, Hull and York hospitals and surrounding primary care providers.
We are looking for a talented individual to join our valued Pathology IT team. The role can be based at either our Hull or York laboratory sites with some optional home working also available.
Keeping our Laboratory Analysers, Requesting and Reporting Software, and Information Management Systems running are critical to a modern pathology service. As is the ability to extract and manipulate data to allow us and our service users to target their effort.
You will be key to the daily maintenance and development of our IT systems, taking responsibility for key workstreams and leading on future projects as we further develop SHYPS digital strategy.Main duties of the job
SHYPS is a pathology network consisting of several pathology disciplines across 4 laboratory sites. We are in the process of implementing a new single Laboratory Information Management System (Winpath Enterprise). We also use a variety of other software such as ICE, Roche and Beckman analyser platforms, NPEx, Sectra PACS and local PAS systems, there are also number of projects already planned to follow the implementation of our new LIMS system.
The post holder will work as part of the Pathology IT Systems team providing specialist IT support for all Pathology systems, middleware and analysers across the SHYPS Network.
The post holder will provide advice and training to staff and customers on system use. They will work with laboratory and clinical specialists, and manufacturers to develop solutions to complex problems. There will be a requirement to write and implement policies and standard operating procedures for a range of users in both primary and secondary care.
In addition to maintaining continuity of service, and delivery of day-to-day tasks, the post holder will take ownership of specific work streams and will lead areas of project delivery with internal and external stakeholders, often in a complex environment. The Post holder may deputise for the Pathology Information and Systems Manager when required.About us
We offer a range of benefits to support our staff including:
- Access to the NHS Pension Scheme, providing generous benefits upon retirement, as well as a lump sum and pension for dependants
- 27 days holiday rising to 33 days (depending on NHS Trust service)
- A variety of different types of paid and unpaid leave covering emergency and planned leave
- Confidential advice and support on personal, work, family and relationship issues, 24/7, from our Employee Assistance Programme
- NHS Car Lease scheme and Cycle to Work scheme
- An extensive range of learning and development opportunities
- Discounts on restaurants, getaways, shopping, motoring, cinema and finance from a range of providers
For further information on the fantastic range of benefits we offer please visit the Trust's dedicated Staff Benefits pages.Job descriptionJob responsibilities A full description of the role is available in the attachment: job description. Working for the Trust
Across our organisation, people are guided by values that were co-developed with staff: we are kind we are open and we pursue excellence.
Our values play into our ambition to develop a more diverse workforce, truly representative of our communities. We welcome applications from everyone, while working with our Staff Networks - including our Race Equality, LGBTQ+, Disability and Carers Networks - to increase the number of applications we receive from different backgrounds. If there is anything we can do to make our application process more accessible to you, please contact: email@example.com.
As part of seeking to become more inclusive, we will consider requests for flexible working from the start of your employment. It may not be suitable for every role, but we will try and be supportive where we can. We would encourage you to speak to the recruiting manager named within this advert to discuss any requirements you may have. Armed Forces Friendly Employer
We are holders of the Gold Award from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme, which is helping actively promote SaBRE - Supporting Britains Reservists and Employers. This means that we have made a statement of intent to support all Defence personnel, including with applications for employment. COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
Our Trust continues to strongly encourage our staff to be vaccinated against COVID19, this remains our best defence to protect our patients, ourselves and everyone else.Person SpecificationEducation, Qualifications and TrainingEssential
- Degree level Qualification or equivalent knowledge and experience within IT or Biomedical Science or related subject
- Relevant Training and Experience in a wide variety of data analysis methods, tools & processes including extraction, interpretation, visualisation and reporting.
Experience and Knowledge RequiredEssential
- ITIL Certified
- Prince2/Agile certified
- Experience of working in a IT support role.
- Experience in using a range of analytical tools including Microsoft Power BI and Excel
- Knowledge of Data Quality principles
Skills and AttributesEssential
- Understanding of SQL and other programming languages
- Experience and good understanding of Windows operating system, principles of software analysis and database application
- Pathology IT software support role experience
- Good analytical thinking good telephone, verbal and written communication skills
- Able to interpret and communicate complex technical and clinical information.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of writing and developing effective documentation
- Advanced skills in the extraction, manipulation and visualisation and interpretation of data
York and Scarborough Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Hull Royal Infirmary
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.