FIXED TERM 2 YEARS Brief Description of the Role: Do you want to do research that supports hospitalised older people to safely manage their medicines after hospital discharge?
This is an opportunity to work as a research fellow with our renowned team of patient safety researchers on a National Institute for Heath and Care Research (NIHR) Research for Patient Benefit project to evaluate the feasibility of a co-designed medicines management toolkit within hospital and pharmacy sites.
The study - Assessing the feasibility and implementation of the 'My Medicines Journey' intervention: a multi-methods evaluation - is a partnership between Bradford Teaching Hospitals Trust and the Universities of Bradford, Leeds and York. It aims to co-design an intervention to support people to safely manage their medicines. The post-holder will conduct research to develop and validate a new Patient Reported Experience Measure (PREM) and a multi-method feasibility study.
You will work within the world-leading Yorkshire Quality and Safety Research Group (YQSR). You will collaborate with the project team, comprising academic staff and clinicians, and with the Supporting Safe Care in the Home research theme of the NIHR Yorkshire and Humber Patient Safety Research Collaboration. YQSR also hosts numerous externally funded patient safety research projects, and we also have strong links with universities and research centres internationally.Main duties of the job
We are an inclusive, diverse and friendly team hosted within the Bradford Institute for Health Research. We are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion in our research team, processes and priorities and are always seeking to review and improve this. We actively encourage applicants from a broad range of backgrounds.
The group comprises researchers and leading academics from the Universities of Leeds, York and Bradford teamed with clinicians and managers from the Yorkshire and Humber health community, with the ultimate aim of making a real impact on the way health services are delivered.
If you would like to know more about these roles we strongly encourage you to contact us: Dr Justine Tomlinson (email@example.com)
We can offer staff gymnasiums on both hospital sites, excellent pension scheme and advice on childcare. Closing Date: 06.10.23 (This date may change dependent on the response) Interview Date: week commencing 16.10.23About us
At Bradford Teaching Hospitals we're passionate about providing outstanding care for the people of the Bradford district and communities across the North of England. We're keen to meet people interested in sharing our passion and helping us continue to deliver the highest quality of care to our patients.
We're a renowned teaching hospital trust at the forefront of research, education and development, with a state-of-the-art simulation and skills training centre on site.
In short, we can help you lift your career to the next level. We've received huge investment to improve patient care which means we have truly world-class facilities including a brand new neonatal suite, state-of-the-art intensive care unit, a newly refurbished A& E department, new children's unit and a welcoming, modern atrium and reception area for staff and visitors.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached Job Description and Person Specification for more information about the role.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Experience of health-related research
- Experience of working with health care professionals and patients in primary and/or secondary care
- Experience of collecting qualitative and / or quantitative data
- Experience of applied health services research
- Experience of analysing qualitative data
- Experience of involving patients and / or members of the public in research design
- Experience of literature reviewing
- Excellent IT skills to produce study documents, presentations, reports and perform analyses
- Inputting/extracting information into databases and performing analyses
- Undertaking qualitative data collection and analysis
- Excellent verbal and written command of English
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to meet project deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills - ability to relate to professionals, patients and the public at all levels
- Ability to promote the PSTRC through social media, conference presentations, attendance at regional and national events
- Ability to write/contribute to high quality research reports and papers to a standard suitable for publication
- Knowledge of research methods (design and analysis)
- Knowledge of the health service
- Knowledge of research governance and good clinical practice
- Knowledge of research methods
- Knowledge of the research impact agenda
Employer detailsEmployer name
- First degree in a health-related or social science subject or equivalent
- Post-graduate research training and experience in health services research
Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.