An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Trainer to join the Digital Training Department.The Trust is embarking on several significant digital transformation projects, enabling the Trust to realise its strategic ambitions for the establishment of an integrated Electronic Patient Record (EPR) across the Acute, Community and Primary Care settings, as well as the implementation of other integrated systems which will require training provision to ensure successful transitions.
The post holder will design and deliver training solutions with associated materials to support the EPR Programme Team, therefore enabling the Trust's EPR ambitions to be realised.The post holder will also play a key role in promoting the effective use of data, information, knowledge, and technology to support digitally enabled clinical solutions. Main duties of the job
The post holder will work with members of the Digital Training and Learning Design Department to design, development, implement and evaluate a suite of blended learning solutions on behalf of the Trust including learning programmes to support the implementation of EPR systems.
During these implementations the post holder will support the team to ensure the Training provision conforms to agreed timescales and is in line with the agreed Key Performance Indicators.About us
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is ideally situated just a forty-five-minute drive from Manchester. The Trust provides services to the 440,000 residents of Blackpool, Fylde & Wyre, and North Lancashire, as well as specialist tertiary care for Cardiac and Haematology patients.
As one of the United Kingdom's largest coastal resort, Blackpool has plenty to offer its residents - it's not just a good place to work it's a great place to live. In addition to its bustling centre and historic seafront, the town is world famous for its many attractions, including the famous Blackpool Tower.
Blackpool also offers several scenic cycling routes round our local parks and across the surrounding countryside, as well as boasting panoramic views of the coast on its picturesque Promenade. Further afield, Blackpool also benefits from less than three-hour connections via rail to Edinburgh in the north and London in the south.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
If you would like to work in a small friendly team where your opinions and judgements are valued, then this could be the job for you. We can offer you support and training to enable you to develop further.
When applying for this position, it is essential that you read theJobDescription
andPerson Specification. Please use the supporting information space to demonstrate your ability to undertake this role, drawing on your skills, knowledge and experience.
Please note, people reviewing your application will be seeking evidence that you meet the essential criteria of the person specification. In line with the Department of Health guidelines,Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Educated to a Degree level or equivalent
- Teaching qualification at Certificate in Education level (or equivalent experience) e.g. PGCE
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development
Experience & KnowledgeEssential
- Project Management Qualification
- Membership of a professional body (i.e. UKCHIP, Institute of IT Training, BCS)
- IT Applications qualification such as ECDL Core or above or Microsoft Office Specialist certification in one or more Applications to core or Expert level (2010 or higher)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Applications (MS office 365), Word, Excel, Outlook & OneDrive
- Knowledge and experience of working in a training role with a sound grasp of training methods and delivery
- Advanced understanding of service specific IT systems (e.g. Clinical Systems) and ability to adapt as systems are integrated
- Ability to present information accurately to a wide-ranging audience
- Experience of working with and developing customer relationships within a variety of customer groups including staff and stakeholders
Skills & AbilityEssential
- Knowledge of clinical and business processes
- Project management experience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to create and maintain training materials using a variety of platforms and methods
- Ability to plan and prioritise workloads methodically and with full attention to competing priorities both individually and as a team member
- Skilled communicator capable of using a wide range of media and methods to build and maintain effective communication others
- Excellent interpersonal skills and sound experience of stakeholders/user contact in training design and delivery with the ability to influence
- Excellent organisation and time management skills with a proactive and flexible approach
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Blackpool Stadium, Seasiders Way
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.